Playing around

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

Just started this today------I like making stuff thats kinda different so lets see how this comes out------made from Basswood.

2007619185820_play1.jpg

2007619185927_play2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

SHOW OFF,I'm not the least bit jealous[:p] yea right.[}:)]
Originally posted by Gary Max
<br />Lets see------it will be black-------and have wheels----hummm[:D]
Oh I forgots--she can handle 8foot 6 inchs long.

Gary Max

Not a bad guess George----the wife does make something like that-------but that aint it.
I did get the second log cut this afternoon-------I had to saw this from a log to get what I needed-----6x6--4 foot long ---Black walnut. I cut the log square with a chainsaw then resawed it to size on a bandsaw-- 2.5 hours just for one piece of wood and trashed the bandsaw blade.
Hint------mounting the wheels is next

Texatdurango

<br />Lets see------it will be black-------and have wheels----hummm[:D]
Oh I forgots--she can handle 8foot 6 inchs long.
I finally got it... geeze how stupid can I be?

They are filming a sequal to the Lord of the Rings and need a <b>battering ram</b> model for a battle/seige sequence they are shooting in miniature![:D][:D]

Gary Max

Just think about it----on round piece of wood---painted black--one walnut 6x6---4ft---two wheels-------hint----there aint much more to it.[:)]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
<br />And we have a winner--------------skiprat
PM me your address and I will send you your prize---yes I know you live in the UK.

Mmmmmmm..... let me think, me not being Mr Popular and someone REALLY interested in guns and cannons wants my 'co-ordinants' I think not!!!
[}:)][:D]

I'd love to see a pic of the finished item. A colleague of mine is big into 'Confederate Re-enactments' I promised him a 'Bullet pen' one day, hence my keen interest in the auction.[;)]

Gary Max

Ok here's where I am at in this adventure---not real sure of the next step---seems like there are several ways to go.
I have a real nice --very old weathered 4x4 Red Oak and I was thinking of doing something like what is shown in the pic---any ideals??

2007621193120_cannon.jpg
<br />

Fred

I would go for bead blasting the metal rims and then having them powder coated gun metal gray or black. Be sure to post a picture of the finished cannon.

BTW, just what caliber banksia pod will the cammon 'fire'?

Fred

Before anyone asks, I have absolutely no idea as to what on earth a 'cammon' is. It was supposed to be caNNon, but my fat fingers got in the way... heck I even have a spell check and forgot to use that too.

I'm going to bed as I fell like I might hurt myself if I don't. G'nite everyone!

Gary Max

If I would of cleaned and painted the rims----you could just cut the price in half----the person that will buy this wants it to look old. Thanks for the thought ----I am going to try and get this out of the shop today.

Chuck Key

Originally posted by Richstick
<br />I was gonna say cannon - but Skiprat beat me to it! It was either that or a 4' long knitting needle....

Richstick,

I thought it was goting to be one of those <s>Radsticks</s> Ripsticks when he showed the wheels.

Chuckie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom