Plate & Chalice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from arjudy

arjudy

My brother-in-law works as a chaplain in one of the federal prisons. His immediate supervisor (a sister in the catholic faith) is retiring soon and he wanted to make her a special gift. He decided that he wanted to make her a symbolic communion plate & chalice. He turns pens on a regular basis but had never really done anything like these before. I just gave him direction and this is what he came up with. Pretty impressive don't you think? Both items are from cocobolo.

Attachments

• IAP Plate.jpg
    IAP Plate.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 174
  • IAP Plate Chalice.jpg
    IAP Plate Chalice.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 229
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

He did a beautiful job. The cocobolo is very striking.

I just have to ask.... "Is it the chalice from the palace with the brew that is true?":wink:

Last edited:

arjudy

Both came from blanks purchased at Woodcraft in Dayton, OH. They were chosen by their relative size. Both were covered in wax and looked to be approximately the same color - dark brown. I guess you never know what is in a piece of wood until you cut it.

akbar24601

Those turned out great Alan! Looks like he did a great job and you gave great direction. A precious symbolic gift that I am sure she will love and cherish forever!

mickr

fantastic work by relative newbie..very impressive & gorgeous wood sure ups the ante...great gift

Top Bottom