Plaques

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I need to know how many plaques we will need this year. My thought was one per 1st place winner of each Tier 1 and 2 contest. That would be 9 Plaques.

The 2nd, 3rd and where applicable 4th place winners of Tier 1 and 2 contests could be given framed certificates. That would be 19 certificates.

Should we give any certificates to anyone out of Tier 3 contests? I would say definitely not Tier 4 contests.

Comments?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
A cert for 1st place in the 3rd tiers would be nice in conjunction with the prizes. Is there a cost or did Ed donate them last year?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ed handled the certificates and will be happy to do so again!! NO PROBLEM how many, these things are easy and inexpensive. It helps if I have a count a couple weeks ahead of time (I can buy the forms on-line), but it is NOT necessary. (Local sources don't cost more than a couple bucks more---no BIG deal!!!!

So, I encourage certificates----but you all can decide.

Ed

mbroberg

Ed donated them last year, but that was last year. Ed and Exotic Blanks donates more than most people know to the BASH. I'd rather pay someone for them. If Ed does them he should be paid. Paper, toner, frames, packaging, postage and of course, time all adds up. Of course that is easy for me to say, it's Jeff's Money. :rolleyes:

Edit in: Ed beat me to the post:mad:

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Mike,
Ed donated a lot to the bash BEFORE there was an ExoticBlanks and we continue to do what we can. We do NOT do it for "public acclaim". This is a small "thank you" to Jeff for all he has done for the penmaking community.

If we get to a point where we don't WANT to, I will certainly let you all know. Meanwhile, Jeff can use the resources in other, far more meaningful ways!!

Ed & Dawn & (now) Exotics

Edit in: But thanks for noticing, Mike!!!

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Now Thats Leadership!:rotfl:

Although Im surprised:devil: you didnt want them made in stained glass.:devil:

Last edited:

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Certificates are nice, and infinitely cheaper than plaques. - do we just want certificates for everyone, suitable for framing?

Plaques really should be ordered well in advance so we have time to shop around. Newlondon88 provided them last year, I believe - I don't know what it cost, or if he donated, but I'm sure we can look it up.

Andrew

PR_Princess

Now Thats Leadership!:rotfl:

Although Im surprised:devil: you didnt want them made in stained glass.:devil:

:eek: No Kringle for you! :eek:

I suggest we abuse Ed and take advantage of all he has to offer.:biggrin:

OK Screw it! You win! I want etched glass plaques for all winners of every contest!:devil:

CAREFUL Mike----Dawn can easily do this:eek::eek::eek::eek:
but then, you provide packaging and shipping:mad::mad::mad:

Wait just a minute, how did this turn from abuse Ed to abuse Dawn???? :eek::eek::eek:

mbroberg

OK Screw it! You win! I want etched glass plaques for all winners of every contest!:devil:

Looks like I derailed my own thread at the point of that post. Back on point, who should get plaques, who should get certs. I need to know so I can tell jeff how many plaques we need and Ed how many certs we will need.

Sent from my DROID4 using Forum Runner

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
my vote is plaques for 1st in all tier 1 and 2 contests and certs for the rest of the winning places (2nd, 3rd, 4th, or whatever the contest dictates). I do not think certs for the other contests are needed.

Last edited:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
my vote is plaques for 1st in all tier 1 and 2 contests and certs for the rest of the winning places (2nd, 3rd, 4th, or whatever the contest dictates). I do not think certs for the other contests are needed.

That seems pretty reasonable to me. So how many plaques is that? 6 I think? What is the cost of a nice looking Plaque?

mbroberg

9 plaques would be needed for 1st place winners of all Tier 1 & 2 contests.

3rd Annual Russ Fairfield
Memorial Modified Slimline Contest

The Exotic Blanks Advanced Beautiful Pen

Freestyle Pen

The Smitty's Pen Works Beginner Beautiful Pen

Casting - Colors

Casting – Tube On

Casting – Embedded Object

Intermediate Beautiful Pen

Modified Pen

As far as cost goes, I don't know. I don't pay those bills.:)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Depends on how you read that, Jeff.

Each vendor-sponsor could certainly be expected to pay for the plaque. But, it is unlikely any of your vendors (other than those who have provided all the plaques in the past) would have any idea how or whom to see to get a plaque. Also, it would likely lead to each contest having different fonts, sizes of plaque, wood or metal, etc.

Get an IAP "plaque-person" to arrange for 9 (or number we need) plaques. Then they are all the same size, the same font, the correct IAP logo (straight, not at a 2% angle)--all the info is uniform. Announce the cost to the vendor (yes, it could be higher than actual production cost) and "roll it into" the overall vendor package.

mbroberg

I wouldn't want to do that this year. Paying for plaques was not part of the package and I really don't like changing the rules once the game has started. We could do it next year.

mbroberg

We are OK time-wise with the plaques. We don't need them until the end of February.

In the past we have used Charlie Clougherty (NewLondon88). I have not heard any complaints about the quality of his product. I can contact him for a price this year or if anyone has any other individuals we should consider let me know.

PR_Princess

If we have the time, do think it might be worthwhile to put out a wanted announcement to the members?

There are several members that have lasers now but, I'm sure that I have seen profiles where a few members own/work at trophy shops. These guys might have plaques that they would be willing to donate.

Last edited:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I've allocated $500 for plaques. I have no preference what they look like or where they are made/bought!

mbroberg

Did this ever get off the ground?

It's hovering off the ground, just not flying yet. I'll take care of the plaques but they are not needed until the end of February. I'm more concerned about the things that need to be finalized by the 1st of February right now.

mbroberg

Contest Chairmen.....................

of all Tier 1 & 2 contests. PM the name of your 1st place winner and the exact, formal name of the contest they won to NewLondon88.

PM the names of your 2nd, 3rd and where applicable 4th place winners to Ed4Copies.
Thanks

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Contest Chairmen.....................

of all Tier 1 & 2 contests. PM the name of your 1st place winner and the exact, formal name of the contest they won to NewLondon88.

PM the names of your 2nd, 3rd and where applicable 4th place winners to Ed4Copies.
Thanks
I just found this post :eek: Do I still need to send this or has someone covered for my no good carcass?

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have forwarded the information but did not include mailing addresses. I wasnt sure if that was supposed to be there or if the privacy policy guidelines would allow it. I wasnt sure if you were going to have them all sent to Ed for disbursement.

Top Bottom