Planning for next Central Texas Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drewboy22

I should be able to make it to up... Even if it is in Austin :D

Either month would be fine with me as long as it is on a Saturday or Sunday.

Drew

ElMostro

No feedback yet. Beginning to wonder if there's any interest. :confused:

Rick I noticed that when there is a new post on this tread it does not show the thread on the front page, so unless folks run into it like I did there really is no way for them to see it. Maybe that is why not a whole lot of folks have chimed in.
Eugene.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff,
Could there be an issue to investigate?

The chapter forum posts don't make it to the front page. There used to be a huge volume of them and I did not add them to the feed because they were swamping the other forums.

I have been thinking of creating a "Local Chapter Announcements" forum that would be for posting these sort of things. How does that sound?

beck3906

It seems that not having chapter announcements appear in new postings isn't conducive to getting the word out about chapter meetings. There are a lot of announcements that do appear in new posts that also seem to dilute postings directly related to pen turning. What would a few more mean to the overall number of topics?

I would think there should be an area where chapter postings could be easily found without someone wondering if there's a new post in a chapter forum.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
It seems that not having chapter announcements appear in new postings isn't conducive to getting the word out about chapter meetings. There are a lot of announcements that do appear in new posts that also seem to dilute postings directly related to pen turning. What would a few more mean to the overall number of topics?

I would think there should be an area where chapter postings could be easily found without someone wondering if there's a new post in a chapter forum.

I've added all chapter forums to the front page feed. We'll see how that goes for a while.

LanceD

Will be in Houston in February. Could very well swing on over to Austin. One of my distributors I buy merchandise from is in Driftwood. I go there about twice a year.

beck3906

I just spoke to the manager at the Austin Woodcraft and he said he could not host anything on a weekend due to classes.

We're down to where to host the event.

Some southerly folks want something closer to their San Antonio area. I originally started somethin at my shop to help the folks on the northern side so they wouldn' have to drive too far.

Need some guidance of what to do.

Also, we will need folks to step,forward with demos.

beck3906

Sorry I haven't posted any news about a date. I've had a number of personal and day job related things happened in the last few weeks that caused me to need to push the date. I have a major show the last weekend this month and the possibility of several shows in April.

Prepping my shop takes a lot of time which is something I lack at this point. I welcome someone else stepping up and offering their shop to host an event.

At this time, I may be able to do one weekend in April, depending on shows. Otherwise, I may be looking at mid- May

hcpens

OK, I would really like to have a meeting, with that said, I am opening myself up to be a possible hosting site if enough are willing to come. Just need some comment from members or guest. I do have enough room for a meeting just need some help (guidance) from other chapter members as to what when and how. You can Google my address, 2331 Goliad Rd 78223, it is a Self Storage location that I manage, so any weekend would work for me. I have the BBQ pits and the room. Let me know, would really like to meet everyone from the area and keep the chapter going. The only weekend I will be gone is 20th of May for a wedding, not mine.

flyitfast

Richard, great offer and idea! I am also gone that same weekend, but will be able to help that month in anyway I can to help bring this together.
We have long needed a get together like this and that would be a good time of year to have it before too much heat arrives.
Maybe we can bring this up at the next Alamo Chapter meeting?
Anyway, let me know how I can help. There are a lot of great possibilities for all the TX penmakers.
Gordon

beck3906

Sorry for not being responsive to this thread lately. We're moving one of my sons and his family I tot the house with us as he's accepted a job with my company and moving back from Houston. We also moved my other son last weekend into a new house in San Antonio. Things have been busy.

My plans are to host an event the second weekend of June if folks are available. This would be June 11th.

We can always have another event in San Antonio as folks in my area may not be able to travel that far south.

How does that sound to the folks in the Temple/Killeen/Waco area? Anyone else can come if they like.

My shop has A/C so we can stay cool.

hcpens

I am still open to either, good suggestion will just have to see how many still want to have a meeting, I'll attend either one. Thanks for responding

Drewboy22

I am in Belton quite often and live in San An. So, I would be happy to attend either one.

I got some blanks I can bring for something if we need - maybe someone can demo a closed-end pen?

flyitfast

Wherever we meet June 11 looks like a good at this time.
When a final date is determined I'd like to broadcast it to the Alamo Chapter so we can get some folks to make the trip North.
Let me know if I can help with anything.
Gordon

Top Bottom