Pizza Cutter survey

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

Just taking a worthless unimportant survey. When screwing the handle into the insert do you use adhesive or let the owner have the freedom to separate and clean the cutter.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

I've made several. I coat the threads with epoxy.
I made a few cutters.... the immediate thought is not to epoxy for cleaning purpose yet my gut is glue it to keep it stable. I worry the cutter might spin sideways creating an unsafe condition. That blade is big & sharp.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I made a few cutters.... the immediate thought is not to epoxy for cleaning purpose yet my gut is glue it to keep it stable. I worry the cutter might spin sideways creating an unsafe condition. That blade is big & sharp.

Exactly. Plus removing it for cleaning repeatedly is going to wear the threads and sooner or later it will need epoxy ;)

I've sold quite a few - mostly at shows. I screw the threads on without an adhesive. Kind of a selling point when I say you can take a "cheezy" cutter, unscrew the handle and throw the metal parts in the dishwasher. Folks here seem to like that.

WriteON

Just finished and used 15epoxy. Hopefully it cures. The glue is 6-12 months old. I do feel better gluing. Just my technique… no rules on this. Thanks for the replies.
BTW…. Using a Rockler for the first time. It's expensive… it's solid. It's a nice cutter.

Attachments

• 36834DC9-6F36-40D1-9535-A3DBC5803A0D.jpeg
    36834DC9-6F36-40D1-9535-A3DBC5803A0D.jpeg
    387.6 KB · Views: 72

sbwertz

We just made one last week at the Blind Center...I still had several of the old style kits from before the pandemic. The blade glues into the handle with a split dowel, but the actual blade goes on with a nut and bolt and can be removed for cleaning if desired.

Top Bottom