PITH2011 Pen for "RichB"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RHossack

RHossack

My offering is going out ...

I started with this nice piece of Spalted Blue Pine with a nice knot.

1307433PITH_002__800x600_.JPG

After a few days under a forced air heater at work and then in the toaster oven for a few more hours the pitch turned hard enough to turn and finish without gumming up.

A 'One-Piece Cigar' to hopefully showcase this wonderful character in the timber.

Four coats of Med CA and polished with Brasso.

5174579PithPen_003__800x600_.JPG

1925715PithPen_004__800x600_.JPG

7602644PithPen_005__800x600_.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

What a great selection of Pine pieces, you've got there...!:wink:

Something I know, wouldn't be easy to find in a wood store, as they void that sort of wood as Devil do with Vegemite...!:eek::)

Also a great selection of the one piece kit, giving the wood. a chance to "shine" even more...!:biggrin:

Your preparation of these pieces before turning was perfect, the pine resin do harden when expose to dry heat, and you obviously have had some experience dealing with this type wood so, well done.

Strangely, the bluing that some pines get is slight different them most other woods, Pines tend to be very receptive to the fungi that penetrates the wood, particularly after cut, giving is some occasion a remarkable dark blue effects that you also capture brilliantly with these pieces/pens...!:)

So, how many of you still think that PINE is no good to make pens, huh...???:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom