PITH POLL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Should the event organizer participate in the PITH?

• Should sit out

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Should be able to participate as well

Votes: 167 97.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Quick poll to get a feel of the PITH groups feelings.

Would it be okay for me, as the organizer of the event, participate as well. I was going to just sit out but thought I would get thoughts from the group about it. My partner selection process I plan to use this time will be unaffected by my participation as it will not be able to really be manipulated beyond being dependent on who signs up.(this will make more sense once I announce the pairings) Anyway, this is an anonymous vote, so please vote honestly.

Landon

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Why on earth would you want to participate in your own PITH event.:confused: I mean what? You want to have FUN and run it too?:eek: Gosh some guys want it all!:biggrin:

Heck its not like theres a bajillion prize dollars to be won. I say if your up to running the Pith and making a pen all at the same time more power to you!

Old Lar

It looks like the poll is thinking that you should be allowed to participate.

Now it looks like it is up to you.

I bet I know which way you are leaning.:biggrin::biggrin:

Not only should you be able to participate, but everybody should send an extra pen to you for the time and effort it takes to run something like this.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Yea

Maybe you'll get lucky and draw my name .... I know what some of the kits you have are....and of course I have $1.45 slims.:biggrin::redface::biggrin: and of course we're both L. Smith so we could monogram them with our initials.....

Last edited:

azamiryou

There's a missing poll option:
"should have to participate as well"

We can't have you making silly rules for us when you don't have to follow them yourself!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Lee K

guys .. this was supposed to be an 'anonymous' poll. Now he knows that all of us think he should be subjected to the same trials and tribulations and not be exempt !!!

:biggrin::biggrin:

terryf

Landon, I dont honestly see how your participation can affect anything other than partner selection and quite frankly, that should be considered one of the perks of the job!!

Lee K

Landon, I dont honestly see how your participation can affect anything other than partner selection and quite frankly, that should be considered one of the perks of the job!!
maybe he'll end up with MY pen :biggrin: (so much for a perk ... haha)

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
geez Landon ... of course you should participate (unless you draw Peter and get one of his Masterpieces) :biggrin:

I vote yes ...
Thus the reason I put the question out there. I don't want to be accused of manipulating the pairings. I do have a plan in place to assure this is not possible for me to do.

toddlajoie

IMO, this is not a contest, and as was said in another thread, everybody wins... so even if you were to manipulate the pairings, all that would mean is we would all win a little differently.

Anyway, if you're interested, I could whip up an application that would load in a list of names and generate random pairs. Let me know...

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
IMO, this is not a contest, and as was said in another thread, everybody wins... so even if you were to manipulate the pairings, all that would mean is we would all win a little differently.

Anyway, if you're interested, I could whip up an application that would load in a list of names and generate random pairs. Let me know...
That is a great offer, I already have a plan in place, but ty for the offer.

soligen

I dont see a problem. I wish the 3 dissenters would have posted their reasons. It would be interesting, and most likely their concerns could be easily addressed.

As for manipulating the list, that just doesnt make sense to me as a concern. You can trade pens with anyone you like at any time - no need for the PITH for that. So, I dont see the motivation for list manipulation.

Scotty

Even if you did/could manipulate the pairings, it is still just a pen swap. Why not participate? Good grief, we are among friends aren't we? Go for it!

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
In perhaps the most lopsided poll I have ever seen on the forum, it has become clear to me that I should join in the exchange. Thanks to all who posted their support. To the 4 individuals who disagreed, I hold no I'll feelings about this to you and would love to hear your reasons via PM if you would like to share them. I sincerely wanted to know how everyone felt, that is why I did not make the voting in this poll public. Any info I get about it via PM will not be shared so no worries there. If you want to discuss it by phone, PM me and I will provide you my cell or call you if you prefer. Thanks for your time with this.

Landon

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmm

Even if you did/could manipulate the pairings, it is still just a pen swap. Why not participate? Good grief, we are among friends aren't we? Go for it!
I want him to manipulate the pairings --- L. Smith swapping with L. Smith has a nice ring to it.....

Top Bottom