PITH Exchange from Down South

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WarEagle90

Alright, I'm a newbie and I mean a still wet behind the ears kind of newbie, but in an effort to meet(sort of) some of you, I would be willing to do a PITH exchange if someone is willing to take that leap. I'm willing to ship wherever. Rules, well, heck, just let your imagination run wild. Any brave soles out there?

Dan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cdwrrtx

I got you covered. Been doing this about a year and have learned a bunch from here.

Let's get pens in the mail before Memorial Day. PM me and we can work out the details.

WarEagle90

Well, Cliff knocked this one out of the park. Not only did he send me a beautiful pen, he also sent me several white oak blanks cut from a bourbon barrel. Now, if you were a bourbon connoisseur like myself and we had smell-a-vision on this forum, you would definitely enjoy the aroma of these wonderful blanks. I will certainly make a pen for myself with no finish on it just so I can have the pleasure of that bourbon fragrance whenever I use the pen. He also included a mesquite blank that will make a good looking pen soon. The pen is a Jr. Harold also wearing a white oak, bourbon barrel blank. According to Cliff, the pen blank is cut diagonally to highlight the grain pattern and it certainly does that. I hope my photos do justice to this fine pen. A big thanks to Cliff for making the exchange. I had a lot of fun making his pen and hope he enjoys it as much I am enjoying his fine work.

Enjoy the photos.

Jr Harold PITH 1.jpgJr Harold PITH 2.jpgJr Harold PITH.jpgPITH Exchange 1.jpgPITH Exchange.jpg

cdwrrtx

My package from Dan arrived while I was away on a business trip. Couldn't wait so I asked my wife to open it and send me some pictures.

The pen Dan shared with me is an Antique Brass Nautical pen wrapped in a very nice piece of olivewood. Beautiful combination. It was packed in a 3D printed box that my wife immediately fell in love with. Hmmm... maybe a 3D printer is in my future?

He also sent along a nice selection of pen blanks that will enhance my depleted selection of wooden blanks. Blanks include olivewood, padauk, purpleheart, bloodwood, and wenge.

IMG_1270-l.JPGIMG_1271-l.JPGIMG_1272-l.JPGIMG_1273-l.JPG

Thanks, Dan!

Top Bottom