Pistachio

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from InkyMike

InkyMike

This one was a bit of a bugger for me. I originally turned the blank a couple weeks ago, but I had a catastrophic blowout on the cap. I kept the body and ordered another blank (I actually ordered two.) I turned the body between centers, then did the same once the new blanks arrived. Smooth as silk. The scrap I used for the finial was from the original blank - and must have been from the cap side, as I had a LOT of chipping. (sharp tools, fast speed, light cuts.) I ended up having to part the first one off and made a second. It all turned out in the end. I'll be curious to see if the other blank is as finicky. I did learn that from now on, I'm ordering at least two of every blank if I can...just in case

Michael

Attachments

• pistachio.jpg
    pistachio.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 165

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
A nice result from a few glitches. The final pen looks excellent, well done. Thanks for sharing the photos as well as the story.

InkyMike

A nice result from a few glitches. The final pen looks excellent, well done. Thanks for sharing the photos as well as the story.
Thanks Mark. It was a good experience at the end of the day - good lessons learned and I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Michael

Top Bottom