Pipe #24 - A Danish Freehand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bobostro61

Bobostro61

I had this started a while ago and finally got around to finishing it up over the past couple of days.

Attachments

• IMG_1470s.jpg
    IMG_1470s.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_1471s.jpg
    IMG_1471s.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1473s.jpg
    IMG_1473s.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_1474s.jpg
    IMG_1474s.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 553
  • IMG_1476s.jpg
    IMG_1476s.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1472s.jpg
    IMG_1472s.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 146
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

That is a beauty! Bet it smokes great. Still on my list to try someday. any suggestion or recommendations on best place to start the learning, i.e., good book or forum?

Last edited:

Bobostro61

That is a beauty! Bet it smokes great. Still on my list to try someday. any suggestion or recommendations on best place to start the learning, i.e., good book or forum?

I learned by watching YouTube videos and reading at pipemakersforum.com. The real learning starts with your first pipe. You can get pre-drilled kits with a fitted stem to start out. That's how I did it and how the pros recommend. Then you can concentrate on getting the pipe shapes down and not have to worry about drilling tobacco chambers, draft holes, mortises, and cutting tenons on the stems. Kits are available at PIMO and AMsmoke.com and a few other web sites if you're interested. Give it a try!

Bobostro61

I learned by watching YouTube videos and reading at pipemakersforum.com. The real learning starts with your first pipe. You can get pre-drilled kits with a fitted stem to start out. That's how I did it and how the pros recommend. Then you can concentrate on getting the pipe shapes down and not have to worry about drilling tobacco chambers, draft holes, mortises, and cutting tenons on the stems. Kits are available at PIMO and AMsmoke.com and a few other web sites if you're interested. Give it a try!

Actually this was made with one of my last couple of pre drilled kits. I've been doing all my own drilling and making my own stems lately.
IMG_1285s.jpg

Top Bottom