Pink Ivory

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rtjw

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtjw

If you havent gotten any pink ivory from woodturningz, stop what your doing and get some now. It's absolutely out of this world!!! The picture does not do this wood justice. Thanks woodturningz. This is a polaris pen I got yesterday in the mail. I am going to have to order some more.

2005313134735_DSC00516.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodChucker

Nice looking pen, I'm sure it will be a hit with the Lady's! I made my first Polaris and Atlas pen just a short time ago and I really like both of them now. Thanks for sharing!

Gary

Very nice, Johnny. It's hit and miss with pink ivory. Much of it is red rather than pink. It sure makes a nice pen though.

leehljp

Member Liaison
I am glad to see this post. I have tried to make two slimline pens with pink ivory and they look washed out; the rich color is not there like in yours. My two experiences with pink ivory lead me to the same conclusion as Dave and Gary stated.

I think it must be that way with some other woods also. My first Padauk pen made me go and buy some more. But I have come to the conclusion that it takes the right blank as well as the design, finish and choice of hardware.

opfoto

John, Great looking pen. I also have some Pink Ivory coming from the guys at Woodturningz. I made a PSI SL with it a while ago (in my album). Definitely pink but the grain in it wasn't as nice as yours is. Ordered the good looking "A" blanks everyone has described. Will post a pic I get them.

Originally posted by smoky10
<br />Your pen is beautiful and the color is great, but the pink ivory I got from them was just brown. It had no pink.

Just curious Tom,
Was the cut blank brown or the finished pen? The color goes brown after some period of time. I have several blanks that are brown but expect to find pink inside when I turn them. Is that wishful thinking on my part?
Mac

rtjw

The blank was a brownish grayish pinkish color. Does that help? I thought it was going to look bad also, but when I started sanding I lightly put some water on it and MAN OH MAN.

smoky10

Originally posted by Mac In Oak Ridge
<br />
Originally posted by smoky10
<br />Your pen is beautiful and the color is great, but the pink ivory I got from them was just brown. It had no pink.

Just curious Tom,
Was the cut blank brown or the finished pen? The color goes brown after some period of time. I have several blanks that are brown but expect to find pink inside when I turn them. Is that wishful thinking on my part?
Mac

Mac, I was like you, expecting the brown blank to be pink when I turned it. But it wasn't. I think a picture is in my album. Tom

Thumbs

BTW as "opfoto" hinted at, the guys at Woodturningz
do offer the pink ivory in an "A" and "B" grade.
"A" - my blank was reddish pink. "B" - it was
muddy brownish pink. Hope that is helpful. I just
bought it because they had a special on it a few
weeks back and they're still advertising it as of
a few days ago. I wasn't sure what to make of it
but "Special Lady" pens sounds just right. With
that good lookin' example, I just might try it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom