Pink and White Card Stock

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

I have been experimenting with laminating layers of paper together with liquid diamonds resin. I entered one made with layers of paper cut from an old book in the advanced casting contest and it finished dead last. Admittedly it was an ugly pen but I was hoping to get some votes for doing something different. This pen was made in a similar fashion using layers of pink and white card stock. I did not enter this one in the contest because I did not take the requisite photo of the finished barrel while it was on the lathe. The card stock did not absorb the resin as well as the book pages so this blank was more brittle and harder to turn.

49D1BEC9-FB5E-47F9-ADEC-B41BD6ADB45C.jpg

magpens

As Mike said, the "grain" displayed makes this pen relatively attractive, and not unlike one made with Spectraply.

However, it is not the sort of blank that I would buy ... ask Talltim ... he might !!!

BTW, Cody ... I think you are quite brave to identify yourself with the "book" pen in that contest !! :biggrin::frown: . Now, if you made a blank from the Dead Sea Scrolls, that would be a totally different case ... give it a try !!!

Thanks for posting this experimental result.

Last edited:

MRDucks2

I thought the book pen was a novel idea, but not at a level to compete with some of the others. Made me wonder of a themed pen made from a copy of, for example, "To Kill a Mockingbird". Made with the method Cody used, but somehow making sure a key line from the book was prominent on the exterior.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom