Pine cones not just for pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rvanbeek

rvanbeek

Having seen and read all the stuff you guy do with pine cones and pen blanks I thought I might try something a little different. So here it is. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSCF3231.jpg
    DSCF3231.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 239
  • DSCF3232.jpg
    DSCF3232.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 217
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fay Prozora

They are both beautiful! I poured a pine cone blank in clear alumilite and it is clear for the most part. I don't think my pine cones were quite dry as it foamed a little bit on the top but turn it over and the foam inside the blank looks like pine cones in ice! So I'm going to turn it any way and see how it turns out. It might not turn out but it doesn't hurt to try it. I poured a blank with buttons in it this a.m. and I hope that turns out too. I have more buttons put aside for another blank. I bought this alumilte online as I was not able to get to town to get what I usually use. I threw my back out so was not able to walk that far. I guess I will not use this brand unless I get a pressure pot. That is yet in the future... Did you cut your pine cones or just cast them whole and how large were they? Fay

MarkD

Both are very nice! You did a great job. I love the pine cones in the white!
I have another pine cone project in the works that should be quite different also! :biggrin:

Top Bottom