Pine Cone Lidded Box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wayneryan65

wayneryan65

Here is my first lidded box I attempted out of mini pine cones. The little cup is what was left over from the blank. I just couldnt waste it...The last pic is of the blank I made. 2 colors of brown and pure white. Cast with Alumilite and turned with EWT's. Finish is abranet sanded to 800, CA 7 coats of thin (to seal the wood in the pine cones) Micro mesh to 12000

Attachments

• First Lidded Box Open.jpg
    First Lidded Box Open.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 291
  • First Lidded Box.jpg
    First Lidded Box.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 226
  • First Lidded Box2.jpg
    First Lidded Box2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 201
  • Pine Cone Cup3.jpg
    Pine Cone Cup3.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 284
  • Mini Pinecone Brown White.jpg
    Mini Pinecone Brown White.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 280
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

Very nice job. I love this little boxes made like this. My only thought is maybe using some color other than the brown would work better to show off the pine cones. I'm not sure, because I have very little experience in casting.

Marko50

Another nice box Wayne. I'm glad you posted a pic with your fingers showing. I was thinking it was much bigger! Not much bigger than a thimble? Great turning skill!

Last edited:

wayneryan65

Another nice box Wayne. I'm glad you posted a pic with your fingers showing. I was thinking it was much bigger! Not much bigger than a thimble? Great turning skill!
Thanks, these being so small make you be more cautious with your tools. Then when you get into something bigger you notice ho much it taught you. It's really teaching me patience, something I lack...so my wife says.
Wayne

Ambidex

I'm with Mark..was really surprised by the picture with your fingers .also thought they were quite a bit bigger...very,very nice!!

Top Bottom