Pine bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Beasley

Gary Beasley

Segmented white pine bowl, made from some old shelves I took down from the workshop.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 223
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Many folks don't see pine as a desirable wood to turn but sharp tools will do a good job. Pine does have some interesting grain patterns.
Nice tight joints on your segmenting! What size is the bowl?

Gary Beasley

Many folks don't see pine as a desirable wood to turn but sharp tools will do a good job. Pine does have some interesting grain patterns.

Its about 6 1/2 inches across. My new wedgie sled makes good tight joints easy. Sharp tools are good but the segmenting gives you an advantage of no end grain to turn. Soon as I got past the bumpy outside of the ring I was making ribbons. Cut like butter!

Marmotjr

I like turning pine, especially clean reclaimed pine, or select pieces from the BORG. Sap and knot free, the grain really likes to pop out and there seems to be a lot of ray flecks in it too. With the right finish, a segmented pine bowl will really sparkle.

Woodchipper

My complements on the nice turning. The way the segments are oriented (that's a word I learned recently) show off the various grain patterns. What is the finish?

Top Bottom