Pine and Jarrah

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob Wemm

Bob Wemm

Made this one ages ago, and seeing the recent post of the Curly Cherry and Turquoise inlay, I thought that I would show this one as well, rather than hi-jack the other thread.

The bowl is some sort of pine, probably came from the dump and the inlay ring is a piece of Jarrah, and it was quite a challenge in my early turning days.

Finish is Shellawax Glow, and the piece was approx 9in x 2.5in.

C & C welcome as always. And thanks for looking.

Bob.:biggrin:

Attachments

• Bits'n'Pieces Exhibition Plus others 018.jpg
    Bits'n'Pieces Exhibition Plus others 018.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 299
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

G'day Bob,

I think the pine is the Stone Pine the knot characteristics is very familiar...!

Yeah, in the old days, you hadn't met yet that fellow from SA and his resin fillings, I betcha that today you wouldn't put Jarra, in there, huh...???:wink::biggrin:

Nice sixr and great finish...!

Cheers
George

Bob Wemm

I forgot to say that I turned the jarrah insert from a board, I mentioned the "challenge" in the original post but later thought that some may have thought that the ring was simply cut out with a saw, mind you I would have done that if I'd thought about it at the time.
Thae jarrah ring was approx 1/4in wide and 3/16 thick, there were some very apprehensive moments just before the ring came free.

Thanks for looking.

Bob.:)

lyonsacc

I was wondering if that was how you made the ring.

Did you do the ring first and then create the space for it in the bowl? I would think that order would be easier

Dave

Top Bottom