Pill Bottle Mold Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

doberman

I was reading somewhere (not sure if on this forum or not) that someone was using pill bottles for molds. I have some that would be perfect for making the bottom for one of Ed Davidson's closed end baron pens. The question is would I need a mold release agent or not??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
The amber plastic pill bottles should be marked with a recycling code 5 which is polypropylene. PR will pop out of it. It may need to be rolled on a table or between your palms to break the surface tension but it will come out. If in doubt give it a shot of low pressure air from the compressor, not too much or you will shoot that sucker across the room.

doberman

Thanks for all the replys!!

I appreciate all the good info. I'll give it a try. What kind of pills come in a 3/4" round 6" tall bottle????!

sbell111

Do you know anything about cows?
m400.jpg

doberman

Say mooooooooo?

Do you know anything about cows?
m400.jpg

Actually I do know a little something about cows - I used to sell feed to farmers for a company calle Triple F Feeds - not sure what the picture is showing - it's an utter shame I don't know though!!

What is it??

Fred

Nope, it is often used to collect any metallic objects the cow might ingest as it grazes.

I always wonder what happens to the metal then. It seems to me the cow's digestive juices would continue to work on the metal. I guess digested metal is far safer than what damage would be suffered when the metal made it's way out at the other end. :eek:

Hummm, maybe this is the way they get that 'extra iron' into the meat we eat!

DOBERMAN, it is indeed an udder shame!

That reminds me, Does anyone know what you call a cow that can't make milk?
She would then be an udder failure! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom