Picture size

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I've set the max file size to 8MB, and the max dimensions to 1920px X 1080px (WxH)

If the filesize is bigger, the upload will fail. If the dimensions are bigger, it will be resized.

This is what I'm understanding should happen. Someone care to test?

I also bumped the thumbnail size to 150px wide, and increased the limit to 20 per post.

monophoto

Jeff

There appears to be an ability to 'bookmark' individual posts, but I have been unable to find how to search for bookmarks.

For example, your post defines file size rules - I don't especially care what those rules are, but I do need to be able to find them when I want to post something. If if I bookmark your post, how can I later find it?

Followup: I found the answer. When you are logged on, your screen name and image appear on the right side of the the banner across the top of the page. If you click on your name, you see a menu - the default menu shows account details, but there is an alternate 'bookmark' menu that lists the posts you have bookmarked.

Last edited:

alphageek

Former Moderator
Here is a test.. way over the dimensions, but just under 7 meg in file size.

Yep Jeff.. seems to work as intended!

Attachments

• IMG_4108.jpg
    IMG_4108.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 169

TonyL

OK, I've set the max file size to 8MB, and the max dimensions to 1920px X 1080px (WxH)

If the filesize is bigger, the upload will fail. If the dimensions are bigger, it will be resized.

This is what I'm understanding should happen. Someone care to test?

I also bumped the thumbnail size to 150px wide, and increased the limit to 20 per post.
Yes, the avatar image is larger (consuming more of the field) and less sharp. I am on a 32 inch curved monitor.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, the avatar image is larger (consuming more of the field) and less sharp. I am on a 32 inch curved monitor.

The avatar size limit on the old forum was 80x80 and it didn't automagically resize. Here the avatars are 96x96 by default and they are resized upon upload if they are larger. In fact, no matter what you upload, the system generates 5 different sizes for different purposes such as various size mobile devices.

The recommendation is to upload a 400x400 avatar and let the system resize as needed.

EdM

Upload size was ~400 square. Although my webcam is 1080, the quality of pix it takes seem to get degraded when I view or upload ...
I will try taking pix with my iPhone and Nikon D200, then will upload to see what they look like....

Top Bottom