Picked Up a Rolex Today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrburls

Picked up this Rolex today. I saw an estate sale add for this Rolex and could not tell from photo if it was a watch face or a clock.
Got to sale and they said it was sold first thing when sale started. I happened to see a name on clock at a hold table. Then while walking around I saw this elderly man trying to take apart an antique armoire and asked if he needed some help. Happen to see a sold sticker with his name on it and asked if he was Paul.
He said yes and I said did you buy that Rolex clock also. He's like yes, isn't it nice.
I said yes, I drove an hour to see it. Then I asked if he needed help to take armoire apart which looked like he was struggling with. And said I'll sell it to you for what I paid for it (the price sticker was still on clock).
I said okay. Then he slipped me a twenty also for helping him out. The day turned out pretty good anyway.
It is a dealer display clock only, not for sale. And here I was hoping for a Rolex watch face at the sale.
Then we hit another sale on the way back to San Antonio and picked up some new Snap On tools.​

Attachments

• DSC_8474.JPG
    DSC_8474.JPG
    231.7 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrburls

So let me tell you I paid $55.00 for this Rolex clock and decided to list it on eBay just to see what I could get for it. Well it's only been on 1 day and it's at $405.00 already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder just what it will sell for when auction is over.
Keith

jttheclockman

So let me tell you I paid $55.00 for this Rolex clock and decided to list it on eBay just to see what I could get for it. Well it's only been on 1 day and it's at $405.00 already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder just what it will sell for when auction is over.
Keith
Ebay is one of the most fickle sites around. I have seen people ask way over value of things and also see them at undervalue but one thing I do my homework when buying things from ebay and in no way on this planet I would ever buy a real Rolex watch off ebay. I am surprised this clock has gotten this high because they are worth about $250 tops. You can buy them from various companies that are licensed from Rolex to sell them. Rolex never has made a wall clock so it is not a true Rolex in that respect. They are dead ringers for the real watch and relpicated to look like them. If it has the sweep second hand that means alot and the add-on cyclops magnifier takes it up about another $30 which yours does. Here is a store that sells just about all of them and there are some that are real nice and would look great in a den. Good luck with sales. I would jump on the offer when done. If you look there is another wall clock there that they are asking well over $2000. They are open for bid or offers and I would offer them $50 bucks but expect them to not even accept it so would not see it. Rediculous.

https://www.dealerclocks.io/collections/rolex-clocks

Last edited:
Top Bottom