Pick me an acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

Guys, try to match me up with the "perfect" blank. I sold my first Churchill FP before I even got the kit in, so I have to buy a new kit as I was making it myself. The first one I bought was a nice med grean seafoam from Beartooth. Well, I was thinking that the combo would be a stunning pen, and it will be on that kit, but I personaly am using a deep burgandy ink. So I want to match up a Sterling Silver Churchill with the "perfect" acrylic blank in a deep burgandy that has a classic look to match the Churchill.

Photo's would be awesome. :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
it's not deep burgundy but look at the "black rose" lucite from the pipemakers site. I made a churchill out of it and used the Sterling Silver and it was stunning. It flew off the shelf!

Here's one I did, the PR was my own pour.
2006121122548_0053ChurchillStSilverPRCropScale.jpg

I used black powder as the base, then added some interference red as the highlights. Silly me, I expected it to come out looking more red than it did. This is on a SS Churchill.

Cheers,
Draken

Mick, do you have a link to that site?

Draken, Nice blank but not quite what I am looking for. I want one without sparkles in a flake kind of pattern, but more of a low key swirl.

Hilltopper, I just got their new printed chart with my last order and was looking at that one, but it's hard to tell with a printout photo.
I was also looking at the Red Russet they have.

I have 4 froggy burgundy blanks, but mine are much more green than I would consider burgundy....Just might be the ones I got though....

Ok, here's a pen I did with PipeMaker's Black Rose Lucite for your reference. The colors on the lucite can vary wildly from piece to piece and even within each piece.
20061212155737_0015SierraBlackRoseCropScale.jpg

Cheers,
Draken

Here's one in the red Russet, which came out much lighter than I had hoped and I hadn't even thought about it being a burgandy. I did NOT paint the tube on this one (but I wish I had).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom