Photo stream

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

I have a work iPhone and a per iPad and they photo stream ok along with my 2 laptops. My wife just bought a new iPhone and it will not stream with the other devices. Is it because the phone has not uploaded them to iCloud. .?????
Lin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NittanyLion

Make sure both have Icloud turned on. Go to Settings, Icloud, and make sure photo stream is turnded on. If this doesn't work, then you are logged on with different Itunes accounts. Both need set up with the same Itunes account. If you get stuck, PM me, I'll give you my phone number to walk you through it.

Good Luck.

walshjp17

You must use the same user name for iCloud, iPhone and iPad to have them sync. AFAIK, two user names cannot sync to one account/device.

tbroye

I have an iPad Mini, iPhone5 and the first of the month I bought and iMac desktop. The iPad and iPhone seem to be synced still work on the iMac. There is a learning curve on this but I am getting more and more comfortable with. I am scheduled for classes at the Apple Store next wee so I can learn some of ins and outs of this thing. I haven't migrated any file or pictures over from my Window box yet. When I got this home and set a lot of things that were on the Cloud for the phone and pad were transferred over automatically but I hadn't turned on photo stream did so to day and some showed up but not all. Bought my first computer in 1987 or so a Tandy 1000 with 640k of memory and two floppy drives and DOS 2.11 and Apples were for Geeks how things have changed. One I did do is keep my wife iphone and ipad away form my stuff. She has her own Itunes account and I have mine and now sharing between us. Don't need all the stuff she downloads brought over to my stuff.

lorbay

Thank you everyone
I think it is that my wife's phone is on a different iCloud account. Before I change or delete that account I will back up the pictures, but my question now is, if I make her account the same as mine, can I put it back again???

Lin

tbroye

We have 2 iCloud account and 2 iTune account and they are not Synced. The were at on time but I go to much of her garbage(my term). She take pictures of all kinds of stuff and as all kinds of Apps. I don't need all her pictures off of Pintrest or the food channel. In fact I don't know if she has an Icloud account or not, can't remember if I set one up for her. One other thing she is technically challenged and there is no telling where she will take herself. When I had my Windows box up and running we were on the same network and shared some things about once a month she would manage to get us both messed up with things she downloaded, Now we are completely separated. I have all the financial file and bill paying on my computer and don't need something compromising it. She had the chance to get an iMac the same time I did but she didn't want the learning curve of a new computer, what I probably will do is give her mine old one once I get all the files I want off of it and redo the Hard Drive

walshjp17

... my question now is, if I make her account the same as mine, can I put it back again???

You may want to contact your local Apple Store for an accurate response. I have heard differing opinions but all seem to involve wiping and re-registering.

NittanyLion

Thank you everyone
I think it is that my wife's phone is on a different iCloud account. Before I change or delete that account I will back up the pictures, but my question now is, if I make her account the same as mine, can I put it back again???

Lin

Yes, you can always put it back. If you simply want to share pictures, your best option is to use her ITunes account for apps and phone set up. You should then go into settings and set ICloud up with your account info, then only turn photos on to sync.

If you were to register all 3 accounts with the same ID, you will have all 3 devices sharing email, pictures, apps, etc..., along with IMessages. This gets to be a real pain in the big toe......

Another option if you are only trying to share photos issa 3rd party hosting app. You can do this, have separate devices with separate iTunes accounts, and keep the apps you want on your phone and not hers.

Again, I'll be glad to walk you through it if you have problems....PM me and we can talk.

Top Bottom