Photo Editing Software

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
In the "free" category, try Picasa from Google. It has a load of features and the full support of Google corporate. It's another of their shots over the Microsoft bow.

jbyrd24

Hi Lou[:)]
Thanks for the info. I downloaded that earlier and didn't
see a feature I'm looking for. It's where you crop the photo, convert it to the file you need and size it. (say 600 pixels in
length). Jake and I should be in church this morning but hate to say we've had the opportunity to go fishing this morning. Doesn't happen often. Love the TSW !!!!!!!!!!![}:)][:)]

rduncan

Another free graphics editor I use is "Pixia". It's almost Photoshopish in its muscle.

http://park18.wakwak.com/~pixia/download.htm

Short on documentation but long on power.

woodwish

Brian- Please understand that I am studying to be an ordained Episcopalian priest someday, but I am not real fond of big corporate churh. If God had in mind for you and Jake to worship by fishing then life is good. I would imagine that you spoke often with God while fishing, never knew a fisherman that didn't. [:D]

I should've gone to church also, but with my itching allergy today I just didn't think I was called there. Had a couple of cups of coffee this morning in the garden, read the local paper, and spent a lot of time talking with God about several issues. Seemed to me His presence was much stronger in my garden with the dog this morning than it is in our cold-feeling church, but that is another sermon. Hope the fishing was good. [:)]

timdaleiden

Originally posted by jbyrd24
<br />Hi Lou[:)]
Thanks for the info. I downloaded that earlier and didn't
see a feature I'm looking for. It's where you crop the photo, convert it to the file you need and size it. (say 600 pixels in
length).

I downloaded it too, after Lou pointed it out. For a free editor, it's kinda neat. You can crop and resize with it, and it automatically converts it to JPEG. Crop is right on the editing menu, and when you click on export, you can resize.

Rifleman1776

Don't know how this subject fits in here, but I won't let that detail stop me from commenting enneyhow. [:p] If I recall correctly, Jesus had a close sidekick who was a fisherman. And, at least once, he took a whole boatload of his friends fishing. They had a good day too. Today's paper had an article by a pastor who actually said that occasional days fishing and going on weekend trips with the family was a good thing to bond and refresh, even if it meant missing a couple worship services during the summer. Good luck in your studies.

Originally posted by woodwish
<br />Brian- Please understand that I am studying to be an ordained Episcopalian priest someday, but I am not real fond of big corporate churh. If God had in mind for you and Jake to worship by fishing then life is good. I would imagine that you spoke often with God while fishing, never knew a fisherman that didn't. [:D]

I should've gone to church also, but with my itching allergy today I just didn't think I was called there. Had a couple of cups of coffee this morning in the garden, read the local paper, and spent a lot of time talking with God about several issues. Seemed to me His presence was much stronger in my garden with the dog this morning than it is in our cold-feeling church, but that is another sermon. Hope the fishing was good. [:)]

vick

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Just downloaded that Mike...seems to be a great basic editor.

Glad you like it I hated the editors that came with my camera and tried a couple of free ones with out much success. Then a friend at work told be about paint.net and I could not be happier. Maybe not as many features as some of the other but all I ever really do if crop, resize, compress, and adjust brightness anyways.

forkball

Free? Well... if you want Photoshop like functionality for FREE... The others listed are "OKAY", but "GIMP" is by far the best out there. http://www.gimp.org It's multi-platform and does all the basic things that photoshop does.

<br />I just bout a new Kodak 7630. I like Kodak's picture storeage
system, but I'm not crazy about their photo editing software.
What do you folks like ? (Free).[;)]

Thanks

M

Mudder

Originally posted by forkball
<br />Free? Well... if you want Photoshop like functionality for FREE... The others listed are "OKAY", but "GIMP" is by far the best out there. http://www.gimp.org It's multi-platform and does all the basic things that photoshop does.

<br />I just bout a new Kodak 7630. I like Kodak's picture storeage
system, but I'm not crazy about their photo editing software.
What do you folks like ? (Free).[;)]

Thanks

Bingo!

Coming from a Unix/Linux background I would give a vote to "the GIMP"
It has a steep learning curve but it can do a lot that Photoshop can do and it's free.

http://www.gimp.org/

Also available for those Mac users.

MDWine

Fishing is always GREAT! Catching is a different matter, but to me it doesn't matter. To twist a phrase, fishing is next to Godliness. I cannot think, when observing fish, birds, water, trees, that God would be too angry for an occasional "nature sermon" versus a hour of 'regular church' service! Besides, I attend 'nature service' more often than 'church service', 'cos I don't have to wait till Sunday!

I think (I HOPE) he understands! [;)][:D]

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
"God does not remove from man's time on earth those hours spent communing with nature"....
I am going to live to 357 if that's true....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom