Phoenix in the summer!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

We are in for three tough weeks. Starting last Monday, a big high pressure system settled over the valley. We are not supposed to see temps under 108 for the next three weeks. We had a record breaking 118 last week. 110 right now. Hunkering down in the air conditioning and trying not to think of what my August electric bill is going to be like. My evap isn't much good over 110 degrees with the monsoon humidity. No rain at all so far, just hot and muggy.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Greetings. We are in for a sweet spot for the next 4 or 5 days here in Nebraska. The high temperature is finally down in the high 70's with lows around 60, but the real kicker is that the relative humidity has come way down to 65%. The most pleasant weather we have had for a while. - Hope your weather calms down soon - Dave

Bryguy

Put in solar panels. I did, and couldn't be happier. No electric bills for the last 3 months. Put that Arizona sun to work!

howsitwork

can't really get my head around weather that consisted Sharon ! We've had 32C for 1.5 days and then 14C today mid20s but a good strong breeze so feels ok.

Even got my shorts on ( not a pretty sight but allows the breeze to "circulate") . Gives the dog something to snigger at

We are in for three tough weeks. Starting last Monday, a big high pressure system settled over the valley. We are not supposed to see temps under 108 for the next three weeks. We had a record breaking 118 last week. 110 right now. Hunkering down in the air conditioning and trying not to think of what my August electric bill is going to be like. My evap isn't much good over 110 degrees with the monsoon humidity. No rain at all so far, just hot and muggy.

Put in solar panels. I did, and couldn't be happier. No electric bills for the last 3 months. Put that Arizona sun to work!

My annual utility bill is around $250.00 and that's just for diesel fuel to run the back up generator when we don't have sun. I'm completely off the grid and have 12- 280watt panels and 6- 300watt panels. My next home will have solar panels even though we'll be tied to the grid. I think if I lived in Arizona I'd probably have a bank of at least 12- 300watt panels if it's allowed, sure would knock your monthly bill down. Best of luck with the heat and be sure to stay hydrated. We've been in the mid 90's in Montana so by around 1 each day we're inside staying cool.

sbwertz

I can't. I have a huge 50 year old elm tree on the west side of the house, and it shades the part of the roof the solar panels would go on. The shade from the tree is more valuable than the solar panels would be. It shades the whole west side of the house in the afternoon.

Robbie

Yes mam, you are right about the heat, we are the same here in Yuma. Ready for some cooler weather.

CVATurner

It's hot in Camp Verde AZ as well. We had a few drops of rain yesterday, just enough to raise the humidity to a really uncomfortable level.

Top Bottom