Phoenix, Arizona

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

I haven't forgotten you, George. It has just been an unbelievably busy month. I had two root canals, and cataract surgery this month. I wasn't allowed in the shop until the eye healed. I'd love to get together with you, though. I remember when I was just getting started. I'm going to be out of town next week, but when I get back we can get together. Perhaps you would enjoy going over to the blind center with me one day to see our turning project down there.

dthayer

Howdy, I'm up in Prescott and don't get down to the valley very often (especially this time of year :eek: ) but would be up for a meet up sometime.

George883

Hello Everyone:

Sharon: I understand - life does seem to get into our way. Look forward to meeting you soon.

Dthayer: Nice to meet you on-line as well. I manage to get to Prescott a couple of times a year. So maybe we can connect up there or maybe here. Lets stay in touch.

Elyk864: We're close. I live in northwest Peoria so Anthem is about 20 minutes or less away. So we have little reason not to meet in person.

Nice to see so many turners in the area. Attached is a Southwest Mesa kit I finished this morning with a Cholla cactus pen blank that I casted a few days ago. This pen makes the 19th that I've made. Thanks. fullsizeoutput_b5f.jpeg

George

Jim Jakosh

Maybe next winter when I'm in Casa Grande. Have you ever used pistachio wood in your pens? the only source I've found is isn Casa Grande, Az. Dead Tree Salvage. You can get some beautiful wood from the scrap pile. If you go there, Tell John Goodwin I sent you. and say hi for me. The location of Dead Tree Salvage is 11930 Martin Rd ; Casa Grande, Az 85194

...........Cheers, Jim Jakosh

George883

Hi Jim. Great, hope to meet you when you get back. Let me know. No, I've never use pistachio - I'll try to check it out on my next trip to Tucson. Do you have a picture of one that you turned? Thanks.
George

Jim Jakosh

Hi Jim. Great, hope to meet you when you get back. Let me know. No, I've never use pistachio - I'll try to check it out on my next trip to Tucson. Do you have a picture of one that you turned? Thanks.
George
I just made my first batch of 14 pens and ran out of kits. I do have some pistachio blanked out for the next batch. I make all kinds of things with it. I'll post a pistachio bowl that I made with embedded pistachios in the lid! .....................Cheers, Jim

Attachments

• DSCN2285.JPG
    DSCN2285.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCN2287.JPG
    DSCN2287.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 107

sbwertz

Are there any Phoenix members who would have half an hour or so to help me out at the blind center. My husband can no longer help me maintain the tools, and I'm having trouble adjusting my bandsaw after a blade change. It has a lot of drift, and I can't seem to get the tracking right on the wheels. It is an old Ohio Forge.

elyk864

Are there any Phoenix members who would have half an hour or so to help me out at the blind center. My husband can no longer help me maintain the tools, and I'm having trouble adjusting my bandsaw after a blade change. It has a lot of drift, and I can't seem to get the tracking right on the wheels. It is an old Ohio Forge.

Is it falling off the top wheel? If so there are two adjuster knobs on the top that will change the angle of the wheel so the blade will track straight.

sbwertz

I have had no problem adjusting my old Delta at home, but I can't seem to get the one at the center so it doesn't drift. I used the adjustment screw on the top wheel and got the blade running more or less centered on both wheels, but it still drifts.

elyk864

I have had no problem adjusting my old Delta at home, but I can't seem to get the one at the center so it doesn't drift. I used the adjustment screw on the top wheel and got the blade running more or less centered on both wheels, but it still drifts.

Without looking at it, it's hard to diagnose obviously but maybe it has a bad bearing?

sbwertz

Sorry, the center is closed on Saturday. Thanks for the offer. I'm just a volunteer there, so I have a key to my shop but not to the main door.

George, I have a church luncheon this Saturday, but how about next Saturday to come over to my home shop?

George883

Hi Sharon, next week Saturday would work for me to see your shop. Except for Monday, i'm free most of next of week if you still need help with the bandsaw.

sbwertz

Are you free Friday? The blind center isn't far from Laveen....32nd st and Roosevelt just off the 202. George is coming over to help me with the bandsaw and we could all go for coffee afterward.

sbwertz

A BIG thank you to George for coming over to the center and helping me with my power tools. And he volunteered to be a "substitute teacher" next fall, too. Looking forward to seeing you in a week or so to show you my messy shop.

sbwertz

Welcome to Phoenix...112 today! Summer is here. George, thank you so much for your donation of the big chop saw to the blind center. It's a beauty!

George883

You're welcome Sharon.

Hi Csevengo, sorry I missed your earlier post. Would like to get together and meet. I'm okay almost anytime this month then I'm gone until late September.

greenacres2

Welcome to Phoenix...112 today! Summer is here. George, thank you so much for your donation of the big chop saw to the blind center. It's a beauty!

If we add tomorrow's forecast High (62) and Low (43) together we still don't get to your high!! Glad to see y'all got together. In a few years i may get out during the winter!!
earl

sbwertz

It's a DRY heat;)

But, yes, the lack of humidity makes it bearable. Until monsoon.....I'm heading for New England the first of August! I'll miss the worst of the monsoon.

Edward Cypher

I bet if you look up Chad at Turner's Warehouse in Gilbert he can hook you up. Great guy to do business with and i here he is offering classes now too. I think Zac did a class on stabilizing and casting earlier this year.

Top Bottom