Petoskey Stone pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tjd

tjd

Sorting out my pen collection and found a pair of Pens made using Petoskey stone.
I made these two pens a year ago and they are very rare and stunningly beautiful.
One is an Art Deco pen from PSI & the other is a TM Zeta from TaylorsMirfield UK.
The Petoskey Stone is found on the banks of Lake Michigan and are 300 million years old.
Turning these two pens was challenging but well worth it.

petosky stone Art Deco pen.jpg

petoskey stone zeta1.jpg

petoskey stone Art Deco pen 1.jpg

petoskey stone zeta3.jpg

petoskey stone art deco 2.jpg

petoskey stone Zeta.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I go to Petoskey every year for a week. Usually around Labor day. I have a good friend that lives in Alanson. That place is one of my favorites. I'd love to live up there, but times like right now make me stay away. Gonna be 60 below today with the wind chill. And they got 16 inches of new snow yesterday. But you can't beat that place in the summer or fall!!

magpens

Nice work, Thomas !!

Congratulations on an interesting challenge undertaken successfully and one well !!!

Reactions: tjd

dpstudios

Very nicely done. I've been thinking about doing something similar recently. I have a couple of pieces of Carrara marble that are blank size.
I used to go up to Traverse City a couple of times a year when I was just a wee lad. Had family up there.

Reactions: tjd
Top Bottom