Pet Peeve

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

qquake

I don't know if this is the appropriate place for this, if not, I apologize.

I hate it when people imbed huge images in the body of their messages (hate is a strong word, maybe dislike is a better term). When I look at the images, they don't show up all at once on my monitor, especially my laptop. I have to scroll to see the entire pen or whatever it is. I prefer thumbnails, that I can click on for the larger image. They will automatically open in their entirety based on the size of my screen, and then I can click on it it to get the larger image if I want to see more detail. Okay, I'm done now.

Bats

I like using inlines because sometimes the images/text are more informative when giving each other context (this applies more to "how to" than "show off your pen" posts). That said, the forums are nice enough to give posters the option to scale down their images to a reasonable size (hint: click on the image you've pasted into the message body, then grab the handles at the corners and drag), so I try to always shrink mine to the smallest appropriate size (and a reader can click to blow them up later).

Conversely, though, if you click on an inline image that's too big for your window (vertically, that is - they'll automatically resize to fit horizontally), it'll pop up entirely resized to fit. (after that, a second click will zoom to the image's full resolution - independent of the size in the post - and you can pan around for details).

Curly

I'm okay with the pictures filling the screen since the forum or my iMac fit them. What grinds me are the pictures that are several megabytes in size. They take an eternity to download because of our rural internet. The wifi signal comes from a tower several miles away. Sometimes I loose patience and click off the thread to go to another. I appreciate those that resize them to just a few hundred kilobytes before posting. They still look just as good on the monitor but download faster.

My gripe over. Hope you don't mind me making this a group **t**.

jttheclockman

I make it a point to downsize every photo I put in my files so that when I use them I know they are already forum ready weather inserted in thread or as a thumbnail. To me it is a courtesy thing. I posted this complaint a few times here before myself and when I see photos where I have to scroll up and down or side to side I pass over it. That person did not take the time to think of others. The other pet peeve is hands. When people hold pens in their hands and take a photo I automatically go by. Again you spend so much time to make the pen but can not take a second to lay down on a board or paper to shoot photo. This is huge on FB. It creaps in here too. There are a few other PPs but this thread will probably be moved.

Top Bottom