Personal visit to Woodturningz

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewleeheck

I feel I owe it to the folks at Woodturningz to give them a HUGE thumbs-up! (And no, this isn't a planted advertisement!!!) After seeing their website (to which I was referred by the IAP, by the way), I noticed their address was nearby my hometown--which I was flying into the next week. I dropped by, uninvited, and, after their initial shock wore off, I was treated to the most heavenly tour/tutorial/shopping experience ever! Ryan Polokoff's shop and stock of merchandise is out of this world, and I wish I still lived in Indiana so I could visit more often. I walked out with a sizable purchase, and might have spent more had Jiminy Cricket not spoken up and made me put my wallet away.[}:)] Aside from their hospitality, their prices and selection are outstanding. Give them a call next time you need supplies, and tell them the uninvited guy from Virginia sent you!

Andrew Heck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ken69912001

Well what do you know. I to visited Woodturningz today. Just went for a 7mm drill bit because I dropped mine and broke the tip off. I had to have one because I needed to drill and glue some blanks up for my first show this weekend. I'll be demonstrating penturning at the show.Needless to say I was very impressed with his basement buisness.Hes building a 4000 sq.ft. building.Oh and guess what I only went for a bit and I left $130.00 lighter lol.I only live 40 mi. away.He makes some awesome acrylic blanks. Has some nice burls too.

alamocdc

Tell me about it. I live 3 hours away and drove over one Friday to give them a visit. Planned on grabbing a few blanks, kits and storage tubes and walked out $600 poorer. A great bunch of guys and great prices, but be forewarned if you plan on visiting them. Ryan is quite the salesman![;)]

DocStram

Helpful is right. Get this .... one Sunday night I was placing an order online and included a message asking for some advice. Much to my surprise, about 10 minutes later I get a phone call from Ryan. He looked up my home phone number and decided to talk with me in person. Not bad for 10:00 on a Sunday night!

Gary Max

I am safe---it's just about 200 miles away. I really need to stop in next trip north---but like evryone says I know it will cost me. Anyone know more about this new building/store he is building?????
This is the first I have heard about it.

Daniel

I was around when ryan first started selling pen kits. He made himslef available 24/7 with his cell phone. I remember wondering just how long that would last. I'm still waiting to find out and that has been three years or more. he seems to like the phone far more the that computer thing. and will sell, sell, sell when you call him. I'm suprised he doesn't already have a building.
Hey Ryan post pics when it is done!

fritzmccorkle

I too really like WoodTurningz. i hear lots of people complaining about spending money, but holy cow you should see my early invoices. i was really dropping some cash and it's only a testament to my wife that she didn't kick my butt. anyway, i've been there for over two years now and am the sales manager. it's a good job and luckily for me i don't have any customers, just friends who buy pen stuff. i take a couple of days a week off during the summer weeks when i have my daughter so i've missed a couple of your visits, but i see most of you as you come in. we're not building a new building, but rather leasing commercial space nearby. the growth and extra room will be a good move. when we moved to the house we're in now it seemed like a lot of space, but we soon outgrew it.

jwoodwright

I get GREAT Service and Fast and I'm in Alaska. When there was a mix-up, it was Professionally handled and left me even more Loyal. A nice plus, they don't charge extra for Alaska! [:)]

WoodTurningz

No upcharge to Alaska? Whoops! That was a mistake! Fritz - Make sure we get him for that next time!

<JUST KIDDING>

Thanks guys for your continued support & business! We truly appreciate you guys!

...Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom