Perl Ex Red or Similar?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penmaker56

The interference colors of Pearl-Ex do not have any "pigment" in them, so it will not color your resin red, what it does do, is to give a red "shimmer" to the pigment color you are using, i.e. adding the interference red to a black base will give the cured black resin a slight red "glisten" when tilted in the light. Adding the interference color to the same base color is a waste. Also, which I've had this happen, adding an interference blue to a red base will give off a purple shimmer.

crokett

The interference colors of Pearl-Ex do not have any "pigment" in them, so it will not color your resin red

when I add gold Pearl-Ex to clear resin I get a gold blank. If I add silver, I get a silver blank. So I expect that if I add red Pearl-Ex I will get a red blank. The difference between that and a solid color is the blank will be a shimmery red rather than a solid red

Jim Burr

Banned
There is a huge difference between the Interference colors and the regular colors. Interference has a shimmer of the tag color, kind of like a Mother of Pearl thing. The regular colors are a solid color.

penmaker56

Jim basically said it, when you are using Pearl-Ex colors, you will get that color in your casting, but the interference colors are an additive to the base color to add the shimmer of the interference color to the base color.

awood6971

Pearl Ex

I just received an order from Wood n Whimsies with Pearl Ex powders in it. Just let me say that you don't need much. The color choices are awesome and the Interference colors are nice to have if you want to give your castings that "Chameleon" look. A tiny bit of powder will color your resin quite nicely. Enjoy.

PenMan1

You may want to look at Coastal Scents. They seem to have a better variety of colors and effects than Pearl Ex.

I prefer the look of the CS stones and the prices are about half that of Pearl Ex. I use both, and it MAY BE my imigination, but the coastal Scents pearls seem to turn much better without as many "tiny flying BBs".

Top Bottom