Perhaps a Chapter in Loveland??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edward Cypher

I sent this to the chapter contact but it was an old old post. So I was wondering what we would have to do to get a chapter in Loveland Colorado.

Here is what I sent.

We have an off shoot of our Rocky Mountain turners Guild it is a pen turners group. There are about 20 to 25 of us that meet once a month and do a demo on pen turning. Everything from casting, stabilizing to beginning pen turning. This month we will be doing a turning for the troops on the third thursday of the month. Last month was a beginning class on how to turn a pen (slimline) so we thought everyone who learned something new could turn a pen for our men and women in uniform.

I think we would be a good group for a local chapter. The Front Range Woodturners is also thinking of having a pen group but is not there yet. Myself and about 5 to 6 others go up to Loveland currently. We meet at Woodcraft and Wayne the owner of the Loveland store and Colorado Springs store is very generous and helpful.

So I would like to know what we have to do to form a chapter.

Thanks in advance.

Edward Cypher

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wyone

One day I hope to be able to make it to a meeting. So far it has not worked out with my schedule. I wish there was a place in Denver we could form a group. But then again, I might not ever get anything done at home! lol

flyitfast

Edward,
I would recommend contacting Ed Brown (Ed4copies) who is the IAP Chapter Manager.
He was extremely helpful when I contacted him to establish the Alamo Penturning Chapter.

We were similar to your situation with an established subchapter of the Alamo Woodturners Assoc. We had about 15 members and were meeting every month at Woodcraft with demos and very lively sharing of ideas and "show off" pens.
With Ed's help he showed me that we met the requirements and desires to be an IAP Chapter. And then he took the steps to formalize our chapter. He provided an IAP Chapter Manual that had many good suggestions on Chapter Management.

Send him a PM or call him at Exotic Blanks and explain your groups situation. He is not only helpful but fun to talk to.
We are now at a membership of 26 members and the quality of our meetings has improved. In the beginning most of our members were not aware of IAP but they are learning. I did a demo using a computer and our club TV to give everyone a guided tour of the IAP website. That helped.
The identity of being an IAP Chapter has been good.

Hope you get one - I visit the Denver area occasionally and would like to visit your group if the dates work.

Good Luck
Gordon

Edward Cypher

If you are ever here stop by.

If you ever get into town give me a call. My house phone is 303-364-3120. Love to meet other IAP members when I can. We have three actually four guild clubs around one in Denver. Loveland, Colorado Springs and Pueblo. I am a member of the Denver and loveland chapters.

Take care and have a great day.

Ed Cypher

Edward,
I would recommend contacting Ed Brown (Ed4copies) who is the IAP Chapter Manager.
He was extremely helpful when I contacted him to establish the Alamo Penturning Chapter.

We were similar to your situation with an established subchapter of the Alamo Woodturners Assoc. We had about 15 members and were meeting every month at Woodcraft with demos and very lively sharing of ideas and "show off" pens.
With Ed's help he showed me that we met the requirements and desires to be an IAP Chapter. And then he took the steps to formalize our chapter. He provided an IAP Chapter Manual that had many good suggestions on Chapter Management.

Send him a PM or call him at Exotic Blanks and explain your groups situation. He is not only helpful but fun to talk to.
We are now at a membership of 26 members and the quality of our meetings has improved. In the beginning most of our members were not aware of IAP but they are learning. I did a demo using a computer and our club TV to give everyone a guided tour of the IAP website. That helped.
The identity of being an IAP Chapter has been good.

Hope you get one - I visit the Denver area occasionally and would like to visit your group if the dates work.

Good Luck
Gordon

Top Bottom