Perfect Slimline Contest Rules

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

The under appreciated slimline can be beautiful and elegant when done properly. Many of us started with it but moved on to sexier models. We forget that less can be more. Let's see what we can do with less. This contest is seeking the perfect slimline. What is the perfect slimline you ask? The perfect slimline will have:
• An aesthetically pleasing shape
• Exacting fit
• A flawless finish
• Exquisite matching of kit finish and blank
There is absolutely no reason to not participate in this contest. Remember less can be more- Inexpensive kit, no special tools required, all you need are the basic skills to turn a simple pen. Show us what you got.

In addition to the Universal Contest Guidelines, here are the rules for the Perfect Slimline Contest:
1. You must use a slimline or funline kit for this contest.
2. You must use a one piece wood or resin blank, (no segmenting).
3. There must not be any modifications to the kit.
4. Submit a single photo (maximum size 800 x 600 or 600 x 800) that details the overall pen and its fit and finish.
5. One entry per person
6. Winners will be determined by IAP membership voting.

Entries for The Perfect Slimline Contest will be accepted starting February 1, 2019, and must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on February 14, 2019.

Submit your entry by email to: slimlinepencontest@penturners.org
include the following with your entry:

-Name, Username, email address, mailing address in case you win a prize

Do not post your entry in this thread

Please send a private message to CWalker935 after you submit your entry to help ensure that your entry has been received.

First Place Prize, Blanks from Brownsfan2 $85.00, and a $20 gift certificate from Alumilite.
2nd Place prizes, BOB from Mike Broberg $50, and a $20 gift certificate from Alumilite
3rd place prize, Rattle snake blanks from Its_Virgil

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Willee

The under-rated slimline kit ...

I do a lot of slimline pens ... my favorite kit .... almost all mine have a custom center band.
Dang ... cant enter any of them.

Attachments

• slims.jpg
    slims.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:

jttheclockman

I do a lot of slimline pens ... my favorite kit .... almost all mine have a custom center band.
See photo for of some of my work.

I will submit this one that has no clip on it.

You can not submit that exact pen now. You can not show your entry anywhere on the world wide web before. It has to be a pen specific to the contest you are entering and will be seen as a group when the contest ends. :)

Willee

You can not submit that exact pen now. You can not show your entry anywhere on the world wide web before. It has to be a pen specific to the contest you are entering and will be seen as a group when the contest ends. :)

Thanks John ... I understand that now and have edited my post.
Also sent a different pen photo for entry in the contest but it was returned as un-deliverable by my server.

I really love the SlimLine kit as it is so versatile and lends itself to many different configurations.
Plus ... its is cheap ... LOL!

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Thanks John ... I understand that now and have edited my post.
Also sent a different pen photo for entry in the contest but it was returned as un-deliverable by my server.

I really love the SlimLine kit as it is so versatile and lends itself to many different configurations.
Plus ... its is cheap ... LOL!

They may not be quite setup to take those early entries. Check back with them. Good luck.

Cwalker935

Just a reminder, there can be no modifications to the kit. This means that all components of the kit must be used.

Willee

If the center band is not used, is that considered a "modification?"

Sorry, that would be considered a modification.

Woops again ... Submitted a photo of one with no center band.

I seldom use a stock center band in my Slimline pens and do not have a suitable photo (800x600) of one I have made in the past with that that feature.

I guess Ill try and make one that is rule compliant and resubmit in a day or two.

Would placing the stock center band somewhere on the pen other than in the center, be a "modification"?

Last edited:

Cwalker935

I seldom use a stock center band in my Slimline pens and do not have a suitable photo (800x600) of one I have made in the past with that that feature.

I guess Ill try and make one that is rule compliant and resubmit in a day or two.

Would placing the stock center band somewhere on the pen other than in the center, be a "modification"?

Technically, I think using anything other than the tubes that came with the kit one be a modification.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator

Hey Willee:

There is another option! Don't display the picture and consider a much more inclusive contest. :):rolleyes::)

RangeRat

Finished my slimline for the contest today! It may take me a day or two to get a halfway decent photo though....

MRDucks2

Don't cut yourself slim and limits you show of talent to the Slimline Contest. Put your Heart into a Valentine's Day pen and enter it into the sweetest contest: The Pretty Resin Pen Contest!

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Talltim

Hard choices. When does the voting end? It probably shows it in an obvious place, but I am not known for seeing the obvious.

Top Bottom