Pepper Mill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from omb76

omb76

Hey guys, made my first pepper mill today. This one is made from Mora wood (not sure what that is, but it looks good). This was a booger to turn, probably because it was my first. Spent a good part of the day working on it. I think it took me longer to drill it out than it did to turn it. It really bogged my drill press down.

Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• CIMG1263.jpg
    CIMG1263.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 221
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

broitblat

That's a good looking pepper mill. I've never heard of the wood before, but I like it.

I'd have to say the drilling has generally taken the lion's share of the time for any of the pepper mills I've done, too.

-Barry

mickr

gorgeous wood..by the way there are women on the site who I'm sure would like to be included..not just guys...

omb76

Sorry Mickr... I use "guys" as a generic for everyone. I'll be sure to include "gals" in my future posts so there's no confusion. :)

Nice mill, you may consider drilling it on the lathe, goes faster for me. You have to invest in a chuck, but its worth it.
BTW, I expect the gals know they're one of the "guys", as well. I took it as an all inclusive term and hope the lades did, too.

Sorry Mickr... I use "guys" as a generic for everyone. I'll be sure to include "gals" in my future posts so there's no confusion. :)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Off to a GREAT start Dave!!!

Drilling NEVER gets easy, but a forstner bit is the easiest I have found, if this helps.

BTW, I also agree that our ladies are aware we mean to include them in our generic "guys". If not, I may be in DEEP trouble and not know it!!! IF Angela (Angboy) stops by, she can give us all a psychoanalysis of our use of terminology and how Freud might view it.

I expect she would sum it up in two words, "Who cares??"

omb76

Thanks ya'll :) I made an 8" one today out of Asian Satinwood that has some really nice curl. I'll have to post pictures later. I found the secret to drilling these things... go shorter! The first I did was 10", today was 8" (2" less to drill!!). I foresee some 6" ones in my future..LOL!

Top Bottom