Penturners Meeting for November?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MartinPens

Ok, Here is the latest greatest on head count for Sunday, October 30th - 9am

MartinPens Marty (I'll fill in the gaps after everyone signs up).
Nava1uni Cindy turkey/ham
Ldubia Larry D cheese & something
JimCampbell Jim C salad
Temptat Frank breads/condiments ( I will also have condiments)
Curtdouglas Curt sodas. ( Marty says - I have Pepsi/Diet Pepsi already)
Gonzo972 John
Gktell Greg
Chicken Chris
Darcisowers Darci
Bmelberg Bill M.

Anyone not signed up for food want to bring chips? Or Dessert?

Cannot attend:
Bill D.
Larry B.
Troy

Last edited:

JoelAlbert

I am good for Oct 30th and would be happy to show how to make the acrylic cube pens that I have been working on.

Are we on for Oct 30th? if so can we get a time? If you are ok with it, I will publish it out to BAWA and the Diablo Woodturners email lists as well.

MartinPens

Here is an update. the formatting of this on my iPad mini is killing me

Marty - will close the gaps
Cindy - turkey/ham
Larry D - cheese and something
Jim C - salad
Frank - breads and condiments
Curt - sodas
Greg - chips
John
Chris
Darci - Dessert
Joel - fruit - something healthy
Bill M.
Bill D. - might attend

Last edited:

gonzo972

I may not be able to make this sunday due to work. I will probably not know until closer to the end of the week. If I do come I will bring some cookies or something of that nature. I will need the address of where I am going if I am able to attend. Hopefully everything works out.

MartinPens

I may not be able to make this sunday due to work. I will probably not know until closer to the end of the week. If I do come I will bring some cookies or something of that nature. I will need the address of where I am going if I am able to attend. Hopefully everything works out.

PM sent

MartinPens

I'll see everybody on Sunday. No earlier than 8:15 AM but we will officially start at 9 AM.

It looks like the weather is going to be great.

If you are unable to come on Sunday you are welcome to come by on Saturday.

MartinPens

Evidently I was looking at the wrong city when I predicted good weather. There is an 81% chance of rain on Sunday. This doesn't really bother me - there is plenty of room in the garage and in the house. If for some reason you are not going to come, please reply in the thread so we know how to adjust with food. All are welcome. Drive safe.

darcisowers

We cannot leave SJ until 8:30 or so (the regular weekend conf call for Andy), so we will be there by 10. Fingers crossed that the rain is light while we are all driving.

MartinPens

Darci,

Safe travels. I know the City has a 0 percent chance of rain on Sunday, So it must be coming from a different direction. Hopefully you'll miss most of it. We'll be here. I'll put on some hot water for tea and hot coco. Drive safe.

chicken

Ugh, sat at Dulles airport for 9 hrs of flight delays but I am home. Exhausted but I'll be there tomorrow. I have a pork butt rubbed up and will bring some BBQ sauce and rolls for pork sliders. See you tomorrow.

MartinPens

Ugh, sat at Dulles airport for 9 hrs of flight delays but I am home. Exhausted but I'll be there tomorrow. I have a pork butt rubbed up and will bring some BBQ sauce and rolls for pork sliders. See you tomorrow.

Sounds good Chris. I'll get some sandwich buns to go with that.

It's a beautiful day in San Ramon today. Let's hope the weather man is wrong about tomorrow! : )

Jim Campbell

Great meeting everyone. Martin, thanks for opening your home to us all. Great fellowship. Great discussion. Great demo's. Fantastic lunch. Welcome to the new members.

Thanks again Martin..............

chicken

It was great meeting everyone last weekend. Once you get my garage rebuilt I'll offer to host a meeting. Hopefully will be done in January sometime. On a side note I was going to buy a dedicated drilling chuck like Martins and started looking around to see what was out there. I noticed a post on a Canadian forum that said oneway was going to start selling jaws for their talon. I have a stronghold so I called them and they said they are just about to start selling jaws for both chucks. They will be sold in a set of four but due to their retailers wanting it that way but they said they will work perfectly fine running in just a pair. So for those of you with oneway chucks and no drilling chuck yet hold on for another month or so. Thanks

chicken

It was great meeting everyone last weekend. Once I get my garage rebuilt I'll offer to host a meeting. Hopefully will be done in January sometime.

January, July... same difference. :(

My shop is mostly back together and I am open to hosting a meeting if you guys need a spot. I am only about 1.5m north of Martin. I can cook up a spread of BBQ if everyone else wants to bring some sides. Let me know. Thanks Chris

chicken

Is this the start of another meeting? BBQ spread? I'm in.

Yes it's an offer for hosting another meeting :). Sorry should have started another thread. I would need help with content for the meeting as I am sorta a newb pen turner. I have a 3 car garage to fit plenty of folks, a lathe and can cook some decent BBQ to feed people. Past that could use some help with the rest of the meeting. Thanks.

Top Bottom