pens won't click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

steamshovel

I can't figure out why my click pens won't work. Number 127671 click ballpoint pen comp. They were bought at woodcraft about 4 years ago and got shoved out of the way. I also have been sick from COPD but am doing better. I put them together as shown but the clicker will let the pen go out and it cannot retract. Some of them work but most don't.

What am I doing wrong?

Preston

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

It is possible that there is a burr (small metal protrusion) inside the point cap that is prevent the refill from retracting? Just an idea.

Dieseldoc

Preston:

I just checked woodcraft site for kit instruction on # 127671 and found that they have special steps to put pen together and note if not followed
click won't work.

Hope you still have instructions if not got to there site for it. Don't know if click is damaged if you can salvage it.

Good luck in getting problem resolved.

magpens

I did not try and stretch the springs. I don't know which to stretch the top one on the clicker or the one on the pen barrel on the bottom. The point stats out but will not retract.

Preston

It would be the bottom spring (at the nib end). I recall that the click mechanism on this particular pen kit is somewhat delicate and even a bit temperamental.

steamshovel

Preston:

I just checked woodcraft site for kit instruction on # 127671 and found that they have special steps to put pen together and note if not followed
click won't work.

Hope you still have instructions if not got to there site for it. Don't know if click is damaged if you can salvage it.

Good luck in getting problem resolved.

I don't have any instructions. I went to the woodcraft on line but couldn't figure it out. These have 2 white plastic parts on the click end with a small silver sleeve about 1 inch.

Preston

TonyL

I checked the pathway and used a small file on them and they still don't work.

Well, you eliminated another possibility. I have experience that with several twist pens. I hope you find the cause.

gtriever

In my (limited) experience, sometimes the spring gets jammed in the nib and won't allow the refill to retract. Can you try reversing the spring end to end to see if that helps?

jttheclockman

www.woodcraft.com/media/W1siZiIsIjI...ick-pen-instructions.pdf?sha=b6f8040f285803dd

Many many times with click pens the spring that goes over the refill gets put on backwards. The small end needs to be up toward the pen. It gets put on first. If turned around it will not allow click mechanism to work properly because the refill will bind. Try that first.

If that does not work look those instructions over again. It seems there is alot happening in that cap end and you need to press things just right. Good luck.

Last edited:

Pen Joe

The last batch of Law Enforcement pens with the Police car on the from Wood Craft had the that would not move one bit, took one and tried to tinker around but cannot not get it to move no matter what I do, looks like the plastic clicker is melted together, I send them an email and they replaced one, if they don't replace the other one might be done with them, had several pens sold might be able to find them somewhere else, have order a good amount from them but guess that is when you find out who values repeated customers, when problem solving comes up.

hippi

this kit 127671 is a pain in the butt the length of this pen is absolute and can not be any longer, are a tad short had one that was maybe 1/32" short and would not work just like your problem I would get ahold of woodcraft they are very helpful I had a problem with the script 161787 two of them and they sent me 3 to replace the bad ones hope this helps

steamshovel

this kit 127671 is a pain in the butt the length of this pen is absolute and can not be any longer, are a tad short had one that was maybe 1/32" short and would not work just like your problem I would get ahold of woodcraft they are very helpful I had a problem with the script 161787 two of them and they sent me 3 to replace the bad ones hope this helps

I will give that a try

Preston

steamshovel

www.woodcraft.com/media/W1siZiIsIjI...ick-pen-instructions.pdf?sha=b6f8040f285803dd

Many many times with click pens the spring that goes over the refill gets put on backwards. The small end needs to be up toward the pen. It gets put on first. If turned around it will not allow click mechanism to work properly because the refill will bind. Try that first.

If that does not work look those instructions over again. It seems there is alot happening in that cap end and you need to press things just right. Good luck.

These come with the spring in place on the pen barrel. I have even tried what you said, nothing. The pen on top I have even turned, nothing.

Preston

jttheclockman

These come with the spring in place on the pen barrel. I have even tried what you said, nothing. The pen on top I have even turned, nothing.

Preston

It could just a bad click mechanism but you need to follow those instructions closely from what I read about that cap portion. Too finicky kit for me. Good luck.

Top Bottom