Pens to fit in a flight suit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

I received a special order for a masculine wood slim from a active duty pilot stationed at Edwards Air Force Base. I usually make slims in feminine acrylic resin colors. Here's what he wanted. I upgraded his pen (first) to rhodium as a military discount. The second pen is chrome. I'll probably include five slims for guys in uniform that like Cross pens and want to upgrade to something different.

Attachments

• BD8C2A3C-02D0-40B1-AE24-EFCEC8D1E95C.jpeg
    BD8C2A3C-02D0-40B1-AE24-EFCEC8D1E95C.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 290
  • 7C35FDE8-7883-4F89-8583-47D14702A9E9.jpeg
    7C35FDE8-7883-4F89-8583-47D14702A9E9.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 279
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mnerland

I received a special order for a masculine wood slim from a active duty pilot stationed at Edwards Air Force Base. I usually make slims in feminine acrylic resin colors. Here's what he wanted. I upgraded his pen (first) to rhodium as a military discount. The second pen is chrome. I'll probably include five slims for guys in uniform that like Cross pens and want to upgrade to something different.
Great looking pens! I love a slimline that is actually a "slimline". Not a fan of the bulbous ones. Great Job!

mmayo

Great looking pens! I love a slimline that is actually a "slimline". Not a fan of the bulbous ones. Great Job!
Not, and I mean not, to disrespect anyone who turns fat slimline pens, but that is counterintuitive to me. I think I may continue to make really nice thin pens for uniformed folks. My wife still stays in touch with a former 7th grade student who is a California Highway Patrol officer. We gave him a pen and I remember that it was a tight fit. I'll try again. Kinda fun when he visits in his unit, neighbors wonder and never guess right.

mmayo

Very attractive pens! - Is that Bocote? It almost looks like Pheasantwood, especially on the 2nd picture. - Dave
Guaranteed bocote cut at about a 45 degree angle. Quite a bit more tan and black to me than pheasant wood.

goldendj

Not, and I mean not, to disrespect anyone who turns fat slimline pens, but that is counterintuitive to me. I think I may continue to make really nice thin pens for uniformed folks. My wife still stays in touch with a former 7th grade student who is a California Highway Patrol officer. We gave him a pen and I remember that it was a tight fit. I'll try again. Kinda fun when he visits in his unit, neighbors wonder and never guess right.
Beautiful pens, and slimline fit nicely in the pen pockets of "bags" as we used to call them. May i suggest considering a click version? I found they are far easier to operate one-handed ...

mmayo

Beautiful pens, and slimline fit nicely in the pen pockets of "bags" as we used to call them. May i suggest considering a click version? I found they are far easier to operate one-handed ...
Thanks, generally I have had very little success with longevity and selling clicks. I agree to a busy pilot one handed functionality would help. Any suggestions for a GOOD slim click?

RobS

Looking good Mark, solid design
Stay warm and best of luck with the winds.

Merry Christmas

Penchant 4

Thanks, generally I have had very little success with longevity and selling clicks. I agree to a busy pilot one handed functionality would help. Any suggestions for a GOOD slim click?
Groove Click from Arizona Silhouette. It uses the small Schmidt mechanism. Love the smooth action.

goldendj

Thanks, generally I have had very little success with longevity and selling clicks. I agree to a busy pilot one handed functionality would help. Any suggestions for a GOOD slim i

Looking good Mark, solid design
Stay warm and best of luck with the winds.

Merry Christmas
I've played with the groove click and liked it. But my absolute favorite currently is the Everyday Classic. Slightly larger but feels nice in the hand. I've even converted one to pencil because I like it so much.

mmayo

I thought the slim on the right would sell, it did quickly. I have two more pairs of the same diagonal bocote wood to drill etc. I think more manly slims for me is a new goal.

Top Bottom