Pens for Servicemen and Women: 2015 Event

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

In this thread, ServicePens 2015 we've begun to discuss the pens for this year.
Please take a look.
You may find, especially if you did or do shows, pens which you like but which either haven't sold in too long or you no longer market.
There may be some really nice pens sitting in a shop drawer which you had forgotten about.
Perhaps they would make wonderful pens for our servicemen and women.
Some have committed to send pens and gotten behind schedule--now is a good time to catch up on past procrastinations. :biggrin:
Each of us can make at least 1 pen in honor of a man or woman who serves this nation.
Let's make 2015 the biggest ServicePens event yet.

Thank you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BJohn

Gary I keep seeing your announcements for this program, which is a worth while deal. But being new to the IAP (since March). I would like a little more information, I sent you a PM a week or so ago asking about how these pens are distributed, and have not received an answer. ???

MDEdwards

Hello John,
a way for me is through the local USO. They have regular meetings where they eat together and reward the efforts of volunteers, recruit and raise funds. These volunteers are able to present a pen directly to warriors.
The last dinner that I attended, the keynote speaker was willing to take my pens and present them to Purple Heart recipients.
I'm not involved with the USO, but as a vet, I am very grateful for their support down range and at home.

GaryMGg

Hi John,

At the same time you sent a PM asking about ServicePens, you posted your question in another thread--that's where I replied:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f70/servicepens-2015-begins-123733/#post1680239
Probably given the size of the IAP, I should have PM'ed you the link.

There are many ways to thank and honor our servicemen and women.
ServicePens is one; Freedom Pens is probably the most prolific and well known.
Before I started this program 5 years ago, I gave some pens personally to men and women in uniform.

BTW, I love the backyard behind you and your wife! :biggrin:

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions you may have.

Thank You,
Gary

BJohn

Thanks for the information Gary, like most places there was a lot of young men & women who served. We have a local airbase and a large Army Guard post I will have to check into it here. If no way distribute a lot here I may send you some.

I was actually in the Denver Airport and was on the tram and ran into a Major who was heading home I thanked him and gave him a slimline I was carrying made with a acrylic Camo blank. It was an awesome experience.

I try to carry one with me, but missed my chance with a Korea war veteran last week. Just visited for a while & thanked him. But if I see him again.

I do wish that was my Back Yard, but it was taken from some ones backyard of their home that was being built overlooking the Garden of the Gods in Colorado. Just love the picture & my wife too.

Top Bottom