Pens #21&22

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Painfullyslow

Painfullyslow

Just some more slimlines. The first is nothing special, just my first time using the gold/purple blank that I cast the other day.

slimline4-1.jpg

slimline4-2.jpg

The second was my attempt at using the same technique as making inlay rings. I used a self-cast blue/green blank, aluminum, and some crushed cultured opal. The pictures do not do this justice, the opal really pops.

slimline5-1.jpg

slimline5-2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David350

Great looking opens, but I almost think those blanks deserve a higher end pen kit as they are very nice...

Painfullyslow

You cast the opal? How much did you use? I have a few baggies that are leftovers from rings. That is a good but expensive idea.

I wish that I could be exact but not a lot. It is a 7mm tube so the actual area needed to fill is fairly shallow and small. I purchased a 1gram package of it and could probably make 5 more? So 6/bag seems about right.

Great looking opens, but I almost think those blanks deserve a higher end pen kit as they are very nice...
I agree, and it is something that I will be doing again on higher end pens. This was just an experiment to make sure that I could do it successfully and if I was going to scrap it, I figured a slimline kit would probably be the best way to go as I have a bunch.

Top Bottom