Penmakers International - MPG - Video Update - A Must Attend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KMCloonan

Well, I can honestly say, this weekend's Midwest Penturner's Gathering was easily the best gathering I have attended in many years. The demonstrations, and lectures were amazing. I took pages and pages of notes. Vendors brought all sorts of pen-related merchandise - if you did not buy anything, you must have everything you will ever need, because the variety of tools, woods, blanks, dyes, etc. was incredible.

Back to the Demos: My only gripe is that I had to choose which ones I wanted to attend, since there were two going at all times, so I was unable to attend a couple I would have liked to seen. That said, the demos I did attend were exceptional. Great topics, great presenters.

There were many door prizes from generous donors (many vendors donated a great deal of their products). Everyone who attended received a goodie bag that includes a bag of blanks from WoodTurningz. I was fortunate enough to win one of the door prizes: A bag of blanks from Northwood Figured Wood - the blanks are gorgeous.

Lastly, I was extremely fortunate to have won one of the raffled items - A large box containing an unbelievable amount of Casting supplies, from Underhill Casting Solutions, thanks to John Underhill. This prize has so much stuff in it, it will take me a week just to sort it all out. I have never seen so much stuff in one box. I am going to have sooooo much fun!

I would like to thank Mark Dreyer, John Underhill, Jeff Brown, Mark James, Ed Brown, and many others who helped put together this weekend's events. It is very clear a lot of hard work went into this, and it was well worth it!

I am definitely planning to attend next year!

JohnU

Thank you Kevin, and Congrats again! I'm very happy you're excited about your prize and I look forward to seeing your casts. We appreciate it when people see how much works goes into a symposium like this. We are very Fortunate to have a Great Team ā€¦ ( the organizers, demonstrators, vendors, and our Chicago Penturners Chapter, who all work very hard to make sure things run smoothly and that everyone is having a good time. We all had fun and it was great meeting so many turners. It was also nice to see so many first time attendees and we look forward to seeing our pen making family grow. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say we look forward to doing it all again next year. This one gave us some great new ideas and I hope we see you all next year. Now I'm going to take the next few days to catch up on my sleep!

Top Bottom