Penmakers International - MPG - Thank You - What An Event

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mg_dreyer

Well the Penmakers International Midwest Penturners Gathering 2022 is now in the books and what an event it was. Some great demonstrations, some great vendors, and I met a lot of new friends. Two full days of fun and conversation. The MPG Board hope you had as much fun as we did.

Thanks to our Demonstrators:
  • John Underhill
  • Chris Labedz
  • Linda Ferber
  • Marie Anderson
  • Rob Nelson
  • Ed Brown
  • Steve Wohlgemuth
  • Rich Coers
  • Dick "Father" Sing
  • Ray Wright
  • Steve Margison
  • Julane Johnson
  • Mark Dreyer
Thanks To Our Vendor Partners:
  • The Pensmiths
  • ExoticBlanks
  • Easy Wood Tools
  • Ohio Penworks
  • Jet / Powermatic
  • Rich Coers
  • Stadium Pen Blanks
  • BVV
  • PTownSubbie
  • Midwest Woodworking Electronics
  • Paul's Pens And Things
Thanks To Our Sponsors:
  • Easy Wood Tools
  • ExoticBlanks
  • Underhill Casting Solutions
  • GluBoost
  • Kallenshaan Woods
  • International Association Of Penturners
Thanks To The Worlds Best Volunteers:
  • The Chicago Pen Makers Clubs and All Our Members
  • Chicago Woodturners For The Equipment and All The Setup
Thanks To All Our Door Prizes
  • The list is long – and so were the prizes

And most import – thanks to all those that attended. It's you that keep us the largest and longest running Pen Making Event. We focus the event on you and hope you had as much fun as we did. Sincerely keep in touch with your ideas, suggestions, offers to help, and demo ideas.

Email Us at : mpginfo@yahoo.com

Last time (at least for the next few months):

Did you have fun? And who's coming next year (April 21 and 22, 2023 - Same location)

The MPG Board

20220423_090331.jpg

20220423_090722.jpg

20220423_091454.jpg

20220423_105622.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Well said Mark! It's always a relief to know the months of planning and preparing paid off by seeing the smiles and enjoyment on the faces of the attending pen making family. There are so many that help make this event successful… along with everyone Mark mentioned above, there are also many of the supply and tool companies we all use and rely on to do what we do, who donated all of our contest - raffle - and door prizes that everyone loves to win.
For me it's the ability to see friends again, and meet new turners, along with being able to see a post here and be able put a face to the name and recall the fun conversations we had. I'll admit I was tired the entire weekend staying up late, meeting new friends and getting up early to make sure I didn't miss anything…. And I wouldn't change a thing! Thank you ALL for coming out and helping make this years gathering a huge success! I look forward to seeing you all next year. Now I'm going back to bed.

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
The PMI/MPG was awesome. Great to see old faces, new faces, shake lots of hands and get to an event in person. It is always fun to display the IAP Collection; lots of looks, lots of questions, and lots of new friends made. The execution from Mark D/John/Ed and all the Chicago area Club volunteers was great; a top notch event.

On a personal note, I do believe it also got me to get motivated to dust off my lathe - Mission accomplished, see you in 2023.

low_48

A fantastic show! Congratulations to the organizing team, I didn't see any mistakes, it went off flawlessly! Thanks for the kind remarks about my demos, and thanks to all the patrons at my vendor booth. Thanks to the unloading and load up volunteers, and special thanks to the techs running the amazing array of visual support equipment. A great venue as well. A top quality event. So wonderful to be back with the tribe!

mg_dreyer

A fantastic show! Congratulations to the organizing team, I didn't see any mistakes, it went off flawlessly! Thanks for the kind remarks about my demos, and thanks to all the patrons at my vendor booth. Thanks to the unloading and load up volunteers, and special thanks to the techs running the amazing array of visual support equipment. A great venue as well. A top quality event. So wonderful to be back with the tribe!
It's always good to see you. Our work is simply an extension of all the groundwork set with Greg, you, and the"Ohio Team". But I got to say we have some great plans for next year. See you then. Thanks for coming out.

Top Bottom