PenKitsMall Group Buy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE READ THE WHOLE POST CAREFULLY!!!

Greetings and salutations everyone!

I am needing to make a purchase from PenKitsMall and wanted to put this opportunity out to everyone who may be looking for pen kits. Right now I am compiling a spreadsheet with common pen kits I have seen with other ones that have potential as well as the bushing for the kits. There are a LOT of kit styles available with a variety of prices and we all have different styles and tastes. If you are interested in joining a group buy opportunity please list in this thread the style of kits you would like and if they are an option I will make sure they are on the spreadsheet. Yes, this document will likely be expansive.

These kits will be directly imported from China. Questions concerning quality. Truthfully, I have not had any issues with kits I have gotten from this manufacturer before. All of the pen kits you buy from the various stores online come from either China or Taiwan, that is it. There is only 1 US manufacturer I know of and they are just getting started so supply is limited and costs high. All of these kits are mass produced and that means that occasionally there may be a flaw, I cannot help that sadly and hopefully we don't get any through this purchase.

Please note: shipping is EXPENSIVE. Shipping costs from China can comprise 30-40% or more of the price of the purchase. Quantities ordered and weight all play rolls in shipping costs. The plan would be divide the shipping cost by the total count of all items ordered and that would provide shipping cost per item. That cost would be multiplied by the number of items an individual ordered to calculate their share of the shipping costs from China. This model seems to be the most balanced and fair for everyone involved and will ONLY be the cost of shipping to the US.

Upon receipt, I would separate everyone's orders and begin the shipping process stateside. For simplicity sake this will likely be done through USPS flat rate shipping with insurance added as required based on the value of what was ordered combined with shipping from China. So anything worth over the $50 basic USPS flat rate insurance value would have a minimal increase in shipping. Unfortunately I do not see a better way to do this as I am only person organizing but am open to plausible suggestions.

This is intended for US states and territories that can take the shipping, my apologies to our foreign counterparts but I am not terribly familiar with how to do foreign shipping but know that it is also expensive. If our foreign counterparts want to participate and even with the higher shipping I will not tell you no. That shipping will probably be by UPS or DHL as examples.

I hope this opportunity appeals to many of you so that we can make this order worthwhile. All of us sharing shipping costs from China will truly minimize the overall cost for everyone. This thread will be here for a week or so in order to compile the kit spreadsheet and I will then. Also note, I will not order any kits that have not been paid for in advance of placing the order. The shipping price can be calculated prior to completing the bulk order. Details on payments will come later.

Once the spreadsheet is compiled I will create a new thread for the actual order process and begin taking orders. The length of time that will be open will be determined at that time but it will be a limited window. Being that this is the first time I am organizing this sort of purchase, I would welcome any guidance from others who have done a group purchase. Please PM directly for that conversation.

Thank you all for your time and consideration. I look forward to the input everyone has to offer.

I would join this group buy. If the total amount of the order gets too big we may have to pay a large customs fee. Just something to keep in mind.

Yeah, that is something I thought about as well. I will contact the company to find out about that and how it works concerning order side and potential customs. It would another added cost for us all.

gimpy

Seeing that is only your 6th message
I would be cautious as there rules to follow
I would recommend that you contact the
the group buy coordinator if you haven't already
I believe is still "Monty"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom