Pencils For the Grandkids

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from magpens

magpens

These are Woodworkers Pencils from Berea. . The kits were altered slightly. . They look better without the centerband to use a single long barrel (3.4").
The blanks are mainly Alumilite cast by a maker in Texas in a variety of styles. . I really like the castings that use fragments from other castings.
A couple are vintage cellulose acetate and a couple are rather beautiful PR castings purchased from ExoticBlanks many years ago and that polish up brilliantly.

These pencils use leads which are 5.6 mm diameter. . Hoping they will provide some fun for the G'kids of which I have 10.
Two pencils show the supplied black leads extended. . I will give the grandkids some colored leads as well.
I'd like to get a better variety of colored leads than is available from our usual pen kit vendors.
If anybody knows a source for a wide variety of colors I'd love to hear, please, but they must be 5.6 mm.

IMG_1552rCR.jpg

IMG_1551rCR.jpg

IMG_1550rCR.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jjjaworski

One source:

Another:

magpens

@mark james

Thank you, Mark ! :D

They are pretty easy to make ... a lot easier than a slimline pen. . And the mod to "remove" the center band is a fun bit of metal-working !!

Cheers !!

Top Bottom