pencil dissassembly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

baldysm

Some idiot (I shall remain nameless...) was assembling a Slimline pencil, and forgot to put the clip in the end before he pressed in the end. He realized what he did after he got the pencil assembled and found some spare parts.

Does any one know of a way to remove the end cap, or dissemble the pencil so I can put the clip on? I can probably knock out the nib end with the proper sized rod, but the CB piece and the cap for the clip are the same size inside.

Thanks

G

I've done it for the same reason.
You need a long piece of rod to act as a punch.
You said knock out the nib.If you mean the point,that just unscrews.
Take all the guts that you can out.using the long rod angle it down the tube from the bottom up and try to"catch the edge of teh "stud" holding the retaining piece in.
I've seen it reccomended that you wear a rubber glove for a better grip.
Keep rapping on the end of the rod till the offending piece comes out.
If by some chance after all these technical instructions run into a problem and the tubes pull out of the CB let me know I think I have an extra since I detest center rings that come with kits.

You kndow, there are many people that do not care for the clip! I have made 3 or 4 of them without the clip on purpose just because lots of the ladies don't need the clip. Rather than mess it up, just leave the clip off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom