Pen with how I did it photographs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Alan Morrison

Alan Morrison

IMG_2500 (2).JPGIMG_2501 (2).JPG
Etesia pen kit from Beaufort Ink.IMG_2475.jpgIMG_2477 (2).JPGIMG_2493 (2).JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Larryreitz

Outstanding. I haven't been into segmenting beyond simple designs. However, I have bookmarked this page and will be giving your method a try one of these days. Let me second JT's comment that seeing the pictures is extremely helpful. Many thanks for showing.

Alan Morrison

Outstanding. I haven't been into segmenting beyond simple designs. However, I have bookmarked this page and will be giving your method a try one of these days. Let me second JT's comment that seeing the pictures is extremely helpful. Many thanks for showing.
Thanks for your comments, Larry.
I wrote a short piece on segmenting which Wayne posted in the Library, if you are interested. It's more like an introduction to segmenting but you may get some ideas from it if you havent already come across it.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Alan, when I lived in Japan, I went to an industrial grade hardware store and found saw blades (metric of course) with carbide blades up to 150mm (roughly 6 inches) and with .9mm kerf carbide blades. That was the thinnest carbide that I found. They had several brands of 1mm kerf carbide. I purchased a few and brought back with me along with a saw that could use them. After I returned home, I did a search and found a couple of places in the US that offered carbide blades with 1mm kerf. I haven't searched in the last 10 years, so I am unsure of availability. Surely in the Euro area there are blades available there.

My point is, the thin carbide blades I have used cut incredibly smooth and precise. I was able to achieve cuts similar to some of those of the masters. That kind of smoothness helps tremendously with segments. Not sure if they would fit your saw, but if the arbor hole was large enough, an adapter could make it fit.

Top Bottom