Pen Vise

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jleiwig

Ok...Since the wait for the PHD vise is long, I'm looking at either the vise from CSUSA or from PSI. Between those two which is better? They are only $10 difference in price.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rej19

I personally don't care for the PSI press. For me it tends to flex up in the middle and create problems. Some have modified theirs to stop that. I use the Rockler press/vise now.

I have the big heavy cast vice from PSI it is new they haveral several vices. It has springs to help hold the work. I love the thing one of the best vices I have used an no chance of flex it is built like a tank.

jleiwig

I have the big heavy cast vice from PSI it is new they haveral several vices. It has springs to help hold the work. I love the thing one of the best vices I have used an no chance of flex it is built like a tank.

This one?

DRILLCENT3.jpg

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I have the Lee Valley one, but I'm not happy with it...it's about the only purchase from Lee Valley that I regret making...

The jaws stick a lot, and I have to push it tight with my fingers while I turn the handle, all-the-while holding the blank from falling down to the bottom...

If I hadn't spent so much on it, I would have tossed it long ago!

Andrew

Top Bottom