pen tube question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
While we refer to the tube size for slimlines as 7mm, that is really insufficient and slightly inaccurate information. The OD of the tubes varies from 6.75 to 7mm and the ID is approximately 6.2mm. If the ID is not right, the pressure fit parts will not work without being glued in. If you are looking to by bulk tubes, I'd suggest sticking to our suppliers.

btboone

I agree Lou. When I started, I was told that they were 7mm, so bought some 7mm drills and was surprised that they were nowhere close. Usually brass tubes are dead on theoretical sizing so I never questioned it. There seems to be no "standard" sizes to them. As long as they work for the pen mechanisms, stick with the ones from the pen suppliers.

wicook

I lucked out and found a 3/8" tube at a hobby store that worked fine as a replacement for one I messed up while turning a pen/pencil combo unit from PSI. The OD and ID were the same as the kit.

leehljp

Member Liaison
I just received an order from POC and a long tube pack (7mm for slimline) was one of my orders. Try them also. (POC - Pens Of Color)

jdavis

John,
Stick with our suppliers. We get 10" tubes from Penn State Industries. Have not seen any at hardware stores in our area.
Did not receive your e-mail about students making items for you. Try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom