Pen transport, storage, display case

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Carl Fisher

Carl Fisher

Just a sneak peak and a design in the works. Working with my cousin who does high end furniture. Gave him dimensions of the tray inserts I want to use and some general direction ideas. Wanted cases that could hold 8 trays, 4 deep, 2 wide. The trays will remove from the outer case and be used for display and when the day is done they will pack nice and compact back into the locking transport box.

The only thing not pictured will be decorative handles on the sides of the main case and the tray inserts.

Each tray will hold 11 of any sized pen comfortably.

Attachments

• Case_1.jpg
    Case_1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 341
  • Case_2.jpg
    Case_2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 315
  • Case_3.jpg
    Case_3.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 274
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hilltopper46

A suggestion - I calculate that your sides are just over 1/2 inch. This will add up and make your trays fairly heavy.

I have a similar set-up where I have 10 trays made from nominal 1/2-inch oak sides and the weight of the case with the pens in the trays is substantial. If I ever do this storage/transport over again, I will reduce the sides to 1/4-inch (nominal) stock to reduce the weight of the pieces. The strength will still be sufficient.

It was surprising to me how the weight of the pens themselves added up and makes the case heavy to handle.

cmccarter

Totally agree

I use a 12 tray jewelers pack each tray holds 10-12 pens and when full it weighs a ton or at least seems like it. Especially at the end of a 3 day show.

Top Bottom