Pen Storage Case

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wood-of-1kind

wood-of-1kind

Well winter is easing up here and I actually made my way to the shop. Completed this new style of pen storage case that is totally constructed out of solid wood (cherry and makore). I will store up to ten(10) of the largest sized pens that most will have in their collection. The top is an 'open lid' that is without any hinges. Simply open up and you have instant acess to your collection. The glass frame is constructed in such a way that you may insert a photograph of your choice. Removing the photograph will allow you to display your collection through the clear glass frame. Built to be simple and versatile.

Hope that you enjoy viewing it and feel free to add your comment(s).:)

Attachments

• P1010022.JPG
    P1010022.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 138
  • P1010023.JPG
    P1010023.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 133

wood-of-1kind

I like everything about it, except that clear tray. It ruins it for me. How about the black trays from gopens.com? I think that's the name.

You may be right with going 'black'. I just happen to have a small quantity of 'clear' and that is why I went with this format. The clear also helps to show the wood grain beneath the tray.

That's another thing I don't like about the clear. I think being able to see the wood behind the pens may take away from the pens.

I hope you're taking my critique in the spirit it's given - constructive.

If you do try a colored tray, I'd love to see it. Like to see how my thinking translates to reality.

Top Bottom