Pen state ind.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood4fun

pen state ind. has a great promotion sale, you buy $100.00 and get $20.00 off, ends on tues july 20th, so i did it, and after buying from them for over 20 years, they are now charging sales tax:rolleyes:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

I saw that, but had a 20% "we miss you" coupon that worked out better. I still dropped $200 and was seriously holding back. I need some Jr kits that they don't have much variety of but can't pass up that discount.

Sales Tax. Meh. I guess big brother will is pushing harder to get his cut these days. Wish they knew how to manage what they collect, but that's enough about politics here.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
pen state ind. has a great promotion sale, you buy $100.00 and get $20.00 off, ends on tues july 20th, so i did it, and after buying from them for over 20 years, they are now charging sales tax:rolleyes:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it is my understanding that beginning July 1, you will now encounter more online businesses charging sales tax. The size of the business required to collect this tax will vary from state to state.

Pen_man_ship

They charge tax for me too according to Maine law.
Did you people notice their changes in shipping? At least for me. No more USPS it's now UPS Post @$18.95...I opted for the quicker option $21.45...there goes the $20.00 coupon.

wood4fun

I'm good with the sales tax, i just thought thats funny the $20.00 savings was pretty much gone with shipping and sales tax, I'll keep buying from pen state, and well as the others :)

Bats

Did you people notice their changes in shipping? At least for me. No more USPS it's now UPS Post @$18.95...
This worried me (not that I order from PSI very often, but I was still worried. I worry about a lot of things), so I went and threw a slimline in the cart to check what options they offered. I'm still seeing three USPS options and three UPS options:
1626635036548.png

Change that to 100 slimlines, and the Economy Ground disappears, but most of the rest still remain:
1626635010246.png

So it could be a regional thing, or could have to do with what you ordered, but doesn't looks like it's a blanket policy change (although somehow I thought they used to offer USPS Priority too). Anything hazardous, liquid or perishable? Something like CA activator would probably change the options.

Pen_man_ship

This worried me (not that I order from PSI very often, but I was still worried. I worry about a lot of things), so I went and threw a slimline in the cart to check what options they offered. I'm still seeing three USPS options and three UPS options:
View attachment 312659

Change that to 100 slimlines, and the Economy Ground disappears, but most of the rest still remain:
View attachment 312658

So it could be a regional thing, or could have to do with what you ordered, but doesn't looks like it's a blanket policy change (although somehow I thought they used to offer USPS Priority too). Anything hazardous, liquid or perishable? Something like CA activator would probably change the options.
Just pen kits, the punch set and the soft jaw vice grips. I may phone in my next order...actually talk to somebody, they have always been nice and answered my questions in the past.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
You realize the punch set is heavy. It COULD go in a medium flat rate, but postage on that is in the mid-teens, so they are charging you enough to cover their costs.

I bet they are mandated now to collect the tax. If you live in a state that has sales tax you are supposed to pay it. If you don't want to move to a state that has no sales tax like New Hampshire where I live..

penicillin

Penn State Industries may have crossed a threshold where they have grown large enough that now they must collect sales tax.

Top Bottom