Pen Stands

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RDH79

RDH79

I purchased these pen stands about 6 years ago. I'm looking for info on who I got them from. There are 12 and 6 penn stands.

Attachments

• D5BBA11D-838D-4E47-B880-3FE78265E7C5.jpeg
    D5BBA11D-838D-4E47-B880-3FE78265E7C5.jpeg
    541.6 KB · Views: 244
  • 6A223487-3AB3-438A-8F86-B8380AE4FD7B.jpeg
    6A223487-3AB3-438A-8F86-B8380AE4FD7B.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 244
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Todd in PA

Ok, I'll hijack.

Why no prices on the pens?

If I walk into a shop and there's no prices—I leave. I don't want someone profiling me and giving me a verbal price based on how much they think they can get from me. I charge the same amount to everyone who asks, and so I write that number on a tag for all to see.

I can understand not wanting to put the ugly white tags on (I still do it). But no prices? Hmmm.

woodwzrd

If I walk into a shop and there's no prices—I leave. I don't want someone profiling me and giving me a verbal price based on how much they think they can get from me. I charge the same amount to everyone who asks, and so I write that number on a tag for all to see.
Same for me. If pieces are not priced I'm no longer interested.

I use the ugly white tags too haha.

RDH79

Same for me. If pieces are not priced I'm no longer interested.

I use the ugly white tags too haha.
Those pens are the same price.
I have a little sign with info on the wood that goes with that set of pens. Same with the other display.
The slims are the same way. Just the wood species. A lot of my customers give these as gifts so they don't want the price on them.
But they want to know the wood.
The rest are priced.
We're you from in Pa?
😁

MRDucks2

I was going to correct my self but figured someone has nothing to do but critique peoples posts
I'll go back and edit just for you.
Is this in reference to my Harry Potter comment? If so, no offense was intended. I was interested in the wood species. Seeing "Harry Potter" on the tag made me smile. As such, I shared the observation so others could smile, too.

Madman1978

Ok, I'll hijack.

I can understand not wanting to put the ugly white tags on (I still do it). But no prices? Hmmm.
I have NEVER priced anything at shows and, most likely, won't be.

Why?

If they are interested, they ask. That gives me a chance to sell! Talk up the items. Selling Pens is hard. YOu are not just selling a finely tooled writing instrument. YOu are not just selling the metal and wood/acrylic, you are selling your craftsmanship.

Quite frankly if you look and walk away, fine, I won't miss your business. I like talking with the creators.

Maybe it's just me.

Good Luck.

Woodchipper

I don't go to a restaurant that doesn't show prices. Besides, trying to remember more than three prices would bring up a senior moment. All our gricery store have prices on the shelf. Even gives the price per unit for comparison.

fpokatu

I don't go to a restaurant that doesn't show prices. Besides, trying to remember more than three prices would bring up a senior moment. All our gricery store have prices on the shelf. Even gives the price per unit for comparison.
You probably missed some good restaurants

jttheclockman

I know this topic has taken a little bit of a turn but I will comment on this part. I always put prices on everything I sell at shows. A couple thoughts on this. I would go bonkers if I had to remember all prices on my items that I sell for I sell more than just pens. I do have item numbers on the tag that I can reference a master sheet when needed. Not pens though. I will write info on the receipt slip. Second if I am tied up with a customer another can browse and get idea what I charge. third is if a customer thinks my prices are too high then they were never a customer. I charge a fair price and some say too low of a price for the amount of work and material that goes into my projects. So I would not be a customer if there are no prices. My other thought is who cares what woods or material a pen is made from. If a customer askes and I happen to remeber or recognize it I will offer this info. They are not buying a pen for the wood or acrylic. They are buying because they like it. You tell people a pen is made from some exotic wood they will look at you with a dazed look. Now if a woodworker looks he will probably know. I had a lady try to trip me up on my birdhouse ornaments which I make from many different species of wood. She happen to know some burl wood I made one from. I happen to know it but I played along to see if she was going to buy. She gives me a speech about I should know. I was going to take to next level but best to let sleeping dogs lie. I did ask her if I tell you the woods used will you buy it. She walked away.

Copy of IMGP0478.JPG
20181201_093101 (1).jpg
Copy of IMGP0481.JPG
Copy of IMGP0476.JPG

penicillin

My spouse and I were in a restaurant in Paris many years ago. I spoke French and interpreted for her in English. The waiter handed me a menu in French and handed her a menu in English. The prices on the English menu were higher. I ordered for both of us from my French menu.

Woodchipper

My spouse and I were in a restaurant in Paris many years ago. I spoke French and interpreted for her in English. The waiter handed me a menu in French and handed her a menu in English. The prices on the English menu were higher. I ordered for both of us from my French menu.
One could hold them side by side to interpret the menu items. Good that you were fluent in French. Never took French.

penicillin

One could hold them side by side to interpret the menu items. Good that you were fluent in French. Never took French.
True, but most tourists get the English menu and never see the French one. The English speaking tourists would have never known, and we might not have known if we had not noticed that subtle detail.

I learned French in college. One of the dorms had a "no English" policy for lunch in their dining hall, with small country flags on the tables representing different languages. My lunch conversations were in French every day for several years. At first, all I could manage was "Hello, the weather is nice today." "The peas and carrots taste good." Stuff like that. The food in that dining hall was not special.

Woodchipper

All my languages were for academic translation and research: Latin, German, Greek, Hebrew. A few of us could carry on in German. Au revoir, mon ami!

greenacres2

True, but most tourists get the English menu and never see the French one. The English speaking tourists would have never known, and we might not have known if we had not noticed that subtle detail.

I learned French in college. One of the dorms had a "no English" policy for lunch in their dining hall, with small country flags on the tables representing different languages. My lunch conversations were in French every day for several years. At first, all I could manage was "Hello, the weather is nice today." "The peas and carrots taste good." Stuff like that. The food in that dining hall was not special.
If the Peas & Carrots really tasted good, the food was truly special!! I'm okay with carrots, but never met a pea that i could fall in love with!!
earl

kraby

If it doesn't have a price I just assume I can't afford it and move on. Pushy sales people always turn me off.

Top Bottom