Pen sellers' websites

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scrofts1219

Good morning, all. I was wondering if this illustrious group could let me know any pen seller websites that you think are really good--good photos, good user interaction, etc. I'm not looking for ETSY type sites--wanting to see custom sites that pen makers (like many of you) have built to show their pens and sell them. If you've seen anything you really like, post them here so I can take a look.

Reactions: DrD
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elyk864

Here is mine, relatively new. Still making some changes.

elkhorn

Good morning, all. I was wondering if this illustrious group could let me know any pen seller websites that you think are really good--good photos, good user interaction, etc. I'm not looking for ETSY type sites--wanting to see custom sites that pen makers (like many of you) have built to show their pens and sell them. If you've seen anything you really like, post them here so I can take a look.
Here's mine: https://www.tuscanypens.com

I'm in the process of updating my website now but you can take a look at it. I tried to keep it simple and the photo's are done in a light box (the blue back ground ones) that I use. I've got a bunch of pens I need to add to the site. www.wolfcreekknives.com
Oh yeah, my wife just reminded me, IAP members get a 10% discount on knives, just in case you see something you like.

elkhorn

Very nice web site!!! Beautiful photography. Are you a photographer?? There has to be a background there to get those type photos. Who did your web site??
Thank you, very much appreciated. I photograph in a light box with a graduated gray background and the pens are on a mirror. All photos taken with my iphone. I did the website using templates from 1 and 1. If you need some help feel free to give me a call or email to tuscanypens@outlook.com

raar25

I still use etsy to handle my actual sales transactions, but have been focusing more energy on passive income and diversifying which you will see from my website: www.woodcraftingplace.com. By doing this I know I am always current with my inventory and don't have to worry about managing my payment process.

Lucky2

There's two places I check to see what other's have to sell, the first one is the Vendor's Forum. And the other one, is in a person's postings. In people's postings you will see their site addresses around the bottom of the page, or they advertise that they sell items. These two ways have served me well, I can do price comparisons or certain object searches whenever I want. There is one other way that I use, now that I give it more thought. And I use it the most of any, it's the For Sale forum.

Len

TonyL

@

You can have no less than a Baron, with Abalone blanks and a free ink cartridge for only $995 :D
I am sure they have marketing costs. :). When I sell a pen, I do invite my customers to look on Etsy and Lanier Pens. I tell them that I am somewhere in between.

jttheclockman

Lanier Pens (in CA). And take a look at the prices.
Are they not out of Washington?? If I remember correctly he started here on this site. Another famous pen maker that left here and occasionally stops by that has done well and talk about prices, is Dale Penkala of "Opus Mechan" check his prices out. There are quite afew past members that have gone on to bigger and better times but started here.

It would be another shift in topics so won't go there but food for thought go look up some past threads here about pricing your work. This topic gets alot of activity over the years because the age old question comes up as to what to charge for my pens. Well there are many theories and also many Facts that come into play. The big ones are always location, platform for selling and advertising and being a great salesperson. People are way to scared to charged big $$ for their work for fear it would not sell. It takes a good salesperson to do the opposite and good planning. There have been many examples of this here and some of the older members can attest to this.

TonyL

Are they not out of Washington?? If I remember correctly he started here on this site. Another famous pen maker that left here and occasionally stops by that has done well and talk about prices, is Dale Penkala of "Opus Mechan" check his prices out. There are quite afew past members that have gone on to bigger and better times but started here.

It would be another shift in topics so won't go there but food for thought go look up some past threads here about pricing your work. This topic gets alot of activity over the years because the age old question comes up as to what to charge for my pens. Well there are many theories and also many Facts that come into play. The big ones are always location, platform for selling and advertising and being a great salesperson. People are way to scared to charged big $$ for their work for fear it would not sell. It takes a good salesperson to do the opposite and good planning. There have been many examples of this here and some of the older members can attest to this.
You may be right (west coast somewhere). Their refills are priced decently (thru Amazon). Actually, Ed of Exotics are priced even better.

jttheclockman

You may be right (west coast somewhere). Their refills are priced decently (thru Amazon). Actually, Ed of Exotics are priced even better.
Again not to divert but you can put Ed on the list of many that used this platform as a launching pad to higher things.

Top Bottom