Pen Repair

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

George883

Hi. I made a Skull Twist pen for my son and the lower half was pressed in and was okay for a while but now the lower half keeps coming off and won't stay. Any suggestions for repairing the pen? Thanks.

George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I'm assuming you are referring to the coupler not staying in the tube. You can fix this by placing a small amount of red or blue loctite (I use blue because it is easier to disassemble if necessary) on the coupler and pressing it back in.

George883

Thanks, I'm not sure I understand about putting the locktite in the tube. I was going to put it on the lip that presses into the tube. Not sure if this is clear?

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Thanks, I'm not sure I understand about putting the locktite in the tube. I was going to put it on the lip that presses into the tube. Not sure if this is clear?
Use a thin piece of wood like a toothpick and distribute a small drop of loctite around the inside edge of the tube then press the coupler in the tube.

randyrls

George; As Ed and Mannie said; Put the locktite on a toothpick and put it on the inside of the tube. then press the fitting into the tube and if it is loose, twist the fitting to distribute the locktite. The locktite will not squeeze out on the blank. If you put it on the fitting, it will squeeze out onto the blank and you will have to clean it off. Don't risk it.

Been there, Done that!

I have found that the loctite, regardless of which you use, will eventually fail and come loose. Yes, this is from personal experience.

My suggestion is some 5min epoxy or maybe a little stronger type of epoxy. This has allowed those repairs to remain permenant so far where loctitie failed.

MedWoodWorx

Use a thin piece of wood like a toothpick and distribute a small drop of loctite around the inside edge of the tube then press the coupler in the tube.
by loctite you refer to the thread "glue"?or is there another product?

Top Bottom